Chapter 24

Nat

His lips came crushing down on mine, so warm and soft that all reality around me melted away. There was nothing but the link between us, the connection of our mouths. I opened myself to him, and couldn't help the moan that left my throat when his tongue invaded my mouth with such a desire that made my whole body burn.

My hands were all over him, as his were all over me. I felt his velvet hair through my fingers, then moved them down, to his broad shoulders. Next, my hands were on his strong chest and slipping down, until they found the hem of his shirt and pulled it up.

A woman I didn't know lived in me buried my nails into his back, making him growl with painful pleasure. My hair was tied around his wrists, pulling my head back, giving him full access to my neck and my cleavage.

He was in control then, making trails of kisses from the base of my neck to my chest, but never exactly where I wanted him to kiss – where I needed him to kiss.

"Please, kiss me." I whispered. He knew what I meant: I could feel him smile against my collarbone. The bastard.

Darcy retreated from my skin so he could stare into my eyes. His were full of lust and awe, as if he couldn't believe he had me in his arms, which made me want him even more. In a look, he asked me for permission. Couldn't he see the obvious? He didn't need my authorization; I was his.

Yet, his concern was respectful and adorable, so I decided to thank him for that. I stood up and moved in front of him. His eyes never left me, always searching my body, always admiring, always finding something new to appreciate.

I pulled the straps of my nightie off my shoulders, and the dress fell around my feet, leaving me with nothing but my lace bra and panties. He sucked in a breath nervously. For a moment, he was paralyzed, just watching, appreciating the new discovered inches of skin.

All of a sudden, he stood up, grabbed my legs, and placed me on the pool table. My legs wrapped around his waist, locking him close, and I arched my back, again leaving him in control. He unclasped my bra with one hand, while the other was exploring my inner thigh, and his lips were softly traveling through the places my bra was hiding before.

He took my mouth again, and this time his kisses weren't just passionate; they were desperate. He took a step back, and I immediately missed his touch. His deep, blue eyes never moving away from mine, he took off his pants and carried me out of the room, up the stairs.

Not caring where he was taking me, I planted kisses on his neck and bit his ear teasingly, making him moan. "You better behave for a little longer. At least, until I take you to your room, Nathalie." He pleaded in his baritone voice. No one called me Nathalie, but the name sounded like a sexual caress from his lips.

He threw me in my bed, then hovered over me. We were so lost in each other we didn't even notice there was someone there, in the shadows, watching us, waiting for us in an armchair.

"Welcome", the intruder announced coldly.

My mouth went dry and my blood, which had been boiling, froze over. Holy sheet! Doug had literally caught us with our pants (and bra) down. At least my panties were still on. For now.

Darcy gently helped me get on my feet, picked up a towel I'd left on the bed earlier, and threw it over my shoulders, covering my upper feminine parts, as if I were a damsel in distress who'd just been about to lose her virginity.

Yeah, right.

"Shall we go outside for a moment, Mr. Brooks?", Darcy politely invited. I couldn't believe how dignified he looked in his underwear; it seemed like they were about to quarrel over stolen chicken.

I was no flocking chicken!

"It's Detective Brooks", Doug corrected, his eyes black with rage. "And I'm going to stay right here." He finished between gritted teeth, his hand slowly taking his pistol from its holster.

Uh-oh. Perhaps I did want to be a chicken right now.

I couldn't help placing myself in front of Darcy when the gun was pointed at him. It was all so fast; the bullet leaving the barrel, the pressure against my chest, making me fall on my back, Doug and Darcy's voices calling for me, the darkness swallowing me swiftly, but surely.

"NOOOO!" I opened my eyes.

Thanks for reading!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote! ;-)

Instagram: laisrodriguesauthor