Chapter 21

Nat

Patty's landmark home in East Hampton always took my breath away. I never cared much about luxury, but her 1920's oceanfront house with brown brick walls, elegant, white railings and glass double doors surprisingly didn't scream money. It invited you in, to relax in the Jacuzzi, to have a margarita with your feet in the sand, to have some fun with your friends in the game room.

Naturally, there was the luxury as well. Its eight en suite bedrooms, heated pool, countless fireplaces, and gorgeous views of the ocean from wherever in the house you found yourself in almost made me forget I'd spent the last few days waiting tables and working my asset off at the bookstore.

Just what I needed.

"So, couples can stay in the rooms with king-sized beds", Patty started, "and the rest of us will have to–"

"NO!", Bobby interrupted her. I hadn't even heard them coming. Anna was beside him, while Darcy was observing his surroundings. "We'll all sleep separately; girls can keep the rooms with the king size beds, of course."

WHAT THE FLOG?!?!

"WHAT THE F–" Fanny did the favor to ask, and I could've hi-fived her if I weren't completely focused on Robert Estevez Brown's throat right now. If I needed something this weekend was to spend some dot-dot-dot time with Doug. And stay far away from Darcy, of course.

"No need to curse, Fanny." Bobby interrupted again. Then he turned back to Patty, who looked completely lost. "Look, Patty. I'm sure your parents wouldn't approve an orgy at your house."

"Orgy?!", Patty's voice was almost hysterical. I was fuming; Anna had murderer eyes; Fanny was practically foaming. Why was she so pissed? She didn't have a boyfriend here, and the only single man she could share her bed with was... Ah, right.

Suddenly, a part of me I didn't recognize began cheering that Bobby would convince Patty. Just the thought of Fanny and Darcy together made me want to punch something.

"Yes, you're right, I guess." Patty finally concluded. "Mom and Dad would've preferred it if the couples slept in separate room..." She offered us a sympathetic look. I wondered why Doug didn't look enraged at all, until he approached me and whispered in my ear, "Don't worry, babe. I'm very good at sneaking in..."

Again, my own inner voice shocked me, for I wished I had heard that promise from another man. One with a thunderous voice...

Thanks for reading!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote! ;-)

Instagram: laisrodriguesauthor