♚|thanksgiving gift|

[warning] - none
[mood] - too cute!
[summary] - it's thanksgiving & you think shawn should rest but he doesn't want to get in the way of you having a good thanksgiving. he gives you a present & wants to make things official.

***

he's in my arms, head on my chest, sound asleep probably dreaming of a contortionist teaching him how to do ticks. he scrunches his eyebrows like he's mad or confused about something. soon his eyes open, landing on my face. his face lights up once he sees me. "sorry i fell asleep darling."

"no no it's fine shawn. you can rest. you did a lot this week you deserve it."

"but-"

i put my index finger over his mouth," i said it's ok mendes."

he flips over making me giggle & a little confused. now he's on top of me starring. "& what do you want?" i ask.

"you." he smiles leaning in to kiss me. nothing matters unless it's with shawn. he knew i didn't care about any boy but him.

"come on." he says getting up & putting his clothes on.

"huh?"

"we're going to get up and celebrate thanksgiving you here me. i'm not going to be the reason we don't, i know how much this day means to you."

i laugh in amusement at my boyfriends outbursts. "shawn you can-"

"if you say rest one more time y/n."

"ugh fine. but if andrew tells me you've been tired & you won't do promo i'm going to get you."

"i'd like to see you try." he smirks. he sprints out the room down the hall. i run after him jumping on his back that caused us to burst in laughter. he spins me around while walking over to the couch in the living room. setting me down gently on the couch, he then sits next to me. our laughing comes to a stop.

"i got something for you. hold on."

i giggle wondering what he got.

he comes back marching in the room with a big box which makes me wonder even more what he got. "shawn....."

he hands the gift to me," open it."

"it's thanksgiving, not christmas shawn." i look at him & he huffs.

"it's always christmas as long as you're with me y/n. now open it."

i reach for the ribbon throwing it on the floor eager to get the box open. when i get it undone my eyes land on a pink lace dress. i run my fingers along the fabric feeling the beautiful detail. i stand up taking it in my hands holding it up to myself finding the mirror in my room. shawn stands up following me. "it's so beautiful shawn...i don't understand." (dress up above)

sticking his hands in his pockets he walks closer behind me. i stare at him through the mirror as he does the same. "there's an award show &.....i want you to walk the carpet with me."

i spin around quickly facing shawn with a shocked look on my face. "you wanna tell your fans & make us public."

he nods," i wanna make this, us, official. only if you want it too."

"of course i want to shawn! are you kidding me!? i get to walk a red carpet, this is insane! what if i trip & fall?!"

"hunny, you're going to do great. you're going to look absolutely stunning too and everyone gets to see you're with me."

i lay the dress on my bed jumping into his arms.

"i love you so much & i'm so thankful to have you in my life. i have to tell my fans & i'm not afraid anymore. you're perfect for me. i want to walk with you on the streets, i wanna kiss you in public, & hold your hand."

"i love you more than anything." i kiss him & he deepens the kiss pulling my waist towards him.

***
happy thanksgiving guys. here's a cute short one for ya. :)