~Fourteen~

*beep beep* I woke up to my alarm clock blaring an awful sound. I groaned, covering my head with my blankets. I reached out, grabbing my phone, reading the time as 9:34. I sighed throwing my blankets off and going to get ready.

It was already 9:50 by the time I got out of my house. I started the 15 minute walk, knowing I was gonna be late.

About 5 minutes into the walk, a familiar red pickup truck drove by, stopping in the middle of the road.

“Hey, need a ride?” Lance called through rolled down windows, winking at me. “You're amazing.” I said, opening the door and hopping into the passenger seat. “I know.” Lance started driving again after i put my seatbelt on. He turned up the music, playing Mr. Brightside by The Killers. It was about halfway through the song but I still jumped in because this is my jam.

“I'm coming out of my cage

And I've been doing just fine.

Gotta gotta be down

Because I want it all.”

Lance turned the music up louder.

“Lance. Just bump this shit.”

Lance laughed, blasting Mr. Brightside at not even 10am.

“It started out with a kiss

How did it end up like this?

It was only a kiss

It was only a kiss.”

“Now I'm falling asleep

And she's calling a cab

While he's having a smoke

And she's taking a drag.

Now they're going to bed

And my stomach is sick

And it's all in my head but she's touching his chest,

Now, he takes off her dress,

Now, letting me go.

Cause, I just can't look its killing me.

And taking control.”

I air drummed and Lance started head banging.

“Jealousy, turning saints into the sea,

Swimming through sick lullabies,

Choking on your alibis.

But it's just the price I pay

Destiny is calling me

Open up my eager eyes

Cause I'm Mr. Brightside.”

We continued to jam throughout the instrumental break. Lance’s head banging game was strong as heck though. Who knew you could keep your eyes on the road and still occasionally headbang.

“I never.

I never.

I neverrrrrrrrrr

I neverrrrrrrr.”

And I finshed out the song air drumming.

“That was nice.” Lance laughed. “You have some good music Lance.” “I know.” I laughed. “So you said you usually run to the studio in the morning. Why'd you drive today?” “I figured that you'd probably need a ride, so why not.” My face flushed. “T-thanks.” I looked down at my hands for a bit until Lance, sighed. I looked up, and we were here. He stretched his arms real quick then grabbed a gym back out of the back.

“You ready, Keith?” I nodded following in after him.

Song Used: Mr. Brightside by The Killers-

a/n sorry for the longer wait. i just havent really through about writing lately oops. also happy thanksgiving to those in the amazing US