~Ten~

“So what do you wanna do?” I asked as we finished eating our food. “It's up to you. Its your house, Keith.” “But you're the guest.” “But you're the host.” “Yes, so I have to make you feel at home and comfortable.” I smirked, feeling that I won.

“But I'll only be comfortable if you pick.” Damn you, Lance. I sighed.

“Um, wanna show me some dance moves? I have no rhythm at all, but you could try and teach me??” Lance’s face lit up.

“Of course! But that'll be thirty dollars, plus tax.” I stared at him blankly until he started laughing. “I'm kidding, I'm kidding… Kind of.” We both bursted into laughter again. Lance took out his phone and started scrolling through his music until he looked up and smirked at me. The beginning of of Africa, by Toto started playing and he jumped up grabbing my hands.

“It's easier to learn how to dance with a partner to a slower song. Let's begin.

Stand up straight.

Now to the left.”

I hear the drums echoing tonight,

But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation.

Lance was holding my hands, shaking his hips, and kicking out his foot, tapping the ground going out, than in, alternating his feet at every beat. As simple as it seems, I was still getting all tied up. (a/n idk how to explain the vision I have in my mind um oops) “And to the right.”

She's coming in, 12:30 flight

The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide to salvation.

Lance and I tried repeating the foot thing. I was getting less awful I guess.

I stopped an old man along the way

Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies.

“Now middle. Then, follow my lead.”

He turned to me as if to say,

Lance mouthed the lyrics, “Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you.”

And the chorus hit. As the first beat, Lance span me out, then dipped me, leaning over me, singing the chorus.

“It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

I bless the rains down in Africa

Gonna take some time to do the things we never had.”

-Heres the song-