Chapter 7

A/N: I have to thank tianajade for making that wonderful cover on the side, which I'm actually using as a banner. Nonetheless it's still amazing.

Chapter 7                                                                                                  

"Well, um I guess there's nothing else to say," Jeremy said, "I'll see you around Casey." And with that he walked away and I watched until he was out of sight.

I pulled myself away from window numb and teary eyed. I felt like I was in a trace as I made my way to my bed and sat down, dropping my head into my hands. He was sick and I didn't even know about it! I didn't know what hurt worst; thinking that he was gay and could never love me or knowing that he could die any day.

"Casey, are you okay? I can hear you crying from the hallway," my dad said, opening my door and peeking in. With one look at me his face dropped and he rushed to my side.

"Casey, sweetheart, what happened?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close. I shook my head and tried to tough it out but failed miserably. "For the love of god please don't tell me some guy messed with you or I will kick his ass," my dad said, resting his chin on my head.

"No, it's not like that," I assured him, smiling slightly. I hesitated telling my dad what was really going on, not really sure if I wanted to spill my guts.

But I did.

"So, do you love him?" he asked after I was finished, his eyes meeting mine.

I sighed and felt my body shudder, "I don't think I can fall in love someone in such a short amount of time."

"Well, personally, I don't think there's a time frame. I think it depends on how much you know about them and whether or not you accept them even at their worst."

"Then yeah, I think so," I replied honestly, I always thought it took years to fully love someone and I only knew Jeremy for six or seven months.

"Well," my dad began, "let me tell you something; when you love someone you don't let anything hold you back, okay? There are always obstacles, if there weren't everybody on earth would be good and jolly. Life doesn't work that way and it sucks, I know that. But let’s imagine that Jeremy did die, would you want him to die without knowing how much you loved him? Because let me tell you, you'd be left with a huge what if, if you did that. You might as well spend the next days, months, years, and hopefully even a lifetime showing how much you care. Don't repeat the mistake I made with your mother."

"Jesus dad, you're like Dr. Phil,” I said slowly smiling. I didn't know how my dad could do that; think deeper than the surface. "And I won't," I added softly.

"Good. And I know I am kind of like Dr. Phil, I sometimes impress my own self," he said kissing my forehead and getting up, "you should probably go to sleep. Unless there's anything else you want to tell me."

"No, there isn't. Thanks dad," I told him giving him a hug before slipping into my bed.

"No problem, that's what parents are for," he said walking up to the light switch next to the door, "When life hands you lemons-" my dad began.

"Make grape juice, lie back and make them wonder how you did it," I finished.

My dad smiled, "I taught you well," he said flipping the switch and walking out, shutting the door quietly behind him.

**

For the next couple of days I stayed in the house either reading, going on the computer, or talking to myself out loud with the occasional bathroom break and bite to eat. I gave up on Facebook after realizing everybody's summer was going perfect unlike my own and after being scolded by my dad for "wasting my life" and exercising laziness. So I decided to give Bridget a call and leave her a message. I didn't even acknowledge the fact that I barely talked to her this entire summer and that it was probably out of the blue to call her randomly in the morning.