Chapter 17

"So, you've been a Detective for how many years?" The woman spoke, as she sat in front of me. I was going to a company that helped place me with a job that would fit me, and I really doubt they would be able to.

"About 13 years." I replied, and she nodded. She scrawled that down on her note pad, before looking back at me.

"Any other things?" She asked.

"Job wise?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Yes. What other things have you did?"

"I worked at a bodega for a few years when I was younger." I spoke, and she nodded.

"Schooling?"

"I took a few courses through Hudson when I was in the academy."

"What ones?" She replied.

"Forensic science, criminal psychology, criminal justice, and police science." I replied.

"So you expected to be a detective till you retired, right?" She asked, and I nodded slowly.

"I did. But clearly it didn't work out." I sighed.

"Okay, let me just put this in, and see if anyone is looking for someone like you. It might take a few hours, so I'll call you back." She spoke, and I nodded, before standing and leaving the office.

I walked out and down the steps of the building. As I climbed into my car, my phone rang, and I was just annoyed at everything, so even the sound of my phone ringing was bothering me.

"Olivia Benson." I answered.

"Detective, it's Captain Tucker." Tucker spoke, and I swallowed hard as confusion settled over me.

"Captain, uh, why are you calling me? Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Can you come down to my office?"

"Sir-"

"I might have a job for you."

"Uh, sure."

=+=

I drove towards 1 Police Plaza, and confusion filled my body. I had no idea what to think. Was he really going to offer me a job?

I got out and walked into the large building that always pissed me off. We went here when we got in trouble, so our squad were regulars.

"Can I help you?" An officer at the front desk asked.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Olivia Benson. Captain Tucker asked me to come in."

"Of course. Why don't you sit over there, and I'll call him." She spoke, and I nodded. I walked over and sat down. I ran my hands through my hair before looking around. I noticed someone, and I noticed that they saw me too. He stood up and sat next to me before sighing.

"Did you finally break? Did you murder Munch?" Cassidy teased, and I smiled.

"No, he is still alive and kicking, Brian."

"Good to know. So, why are you here then, Liv?" He questioned, but before I could answer, Tucker came down and stood in front of me.

"Benson, come to my office." 

=+=

We sat in his office, and my eyes were wide, and my jaw had dropped.

"What?" I questioned, and he nodded.

"Take the Sergeant test. Then the squad is yours."

"But why me? I haven't been a detective for that long. Munch has more years under his belt."

"But he doesn't want it. He is edging towards something right now. And as for you, I can trust you with this."

"Can I ask Elliot first? This is going to affect our family." I spoke, and he nodded.

"Of course. Just don't say no because he is being a dick."

"Uh, I'll call you back. Thanks."

=+=

I drove to the precinct and stayed in my car, and waited for Elliot. I had called him, and now he was coming out to join me.

He opened the door and looked at me.

"Hey, baby." He smiled. He leaned over and kissed me, and I ran my hand gently over his cheek and smiled. I was ecstatic. This was HUGE. I would get paid more too.

"How are you?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Good. I miss you though. I miss being able to look at my beautiful girlfriend whenever I want."

"I miss working with you too." I sighed, feeling guilty for my excitement.

"So, what did you want to ask me?" He asked, as he grabbed my hand and ran his fingers over my knuckles.

"What do you think of me getting a job?"

"I thought that was your plan." He laughed, and I nodded slowly.

"It is, and I'm working towards it, but baby, I have something else in mind."

"What is that? Stripping?" He teased, and I rolled my eyes.

"No, El!" I exclaimed, and he frowned, but then laughed.

"So, what are you thinking about?"

"Tucker offered me my own squad."

"What?" He asked surprised.

"He called me and I went into his office. El, he wants to give me an amazing squad based just around children. I'd be working with CPS and SVU. But I'd be running it." I spoke, and I had a large smile on my face, but he frowned.

"Are you going to be able to be home?" He asked, and I sighed.

"El, I'll be running the show and can come home when I want. I'll still be involved. I don't want to be away from you and the kids."

"Can we talk about this later? We have a huge case still going."

"Oh, yeah. Uh, of course." I spoke, and as he kissed me and climbed out of the car, I noticed that he was nervous about me getting my own squad.

=+=

3 Months Later

"Mommy, this place is so empty." Poppy squealed, as she ran around the empty squad room that was now mine. I was standing in the doorway of my office, which was also empty, and smiled as Quinn joined in. 

They were helping me move my stuff in, because Tucker had helped give me a lot of funding since this squad was going to be as important as SVU.

"We are filling it up soon." Elliot spoke as he, Sammy, and Maureen carried a few boxes in. Maureen was only carrying a light bag because she's pregnant, and I was nervous about my daughter over doing.

"Who is working with you, Mom?" Maureen asked, as they walked into my office, and I took the box from Sammy, and then kissed the top of his head, and held him in front of me.

"Brian Cassidy is the only one so far. It's gonna be nice being the boss for once." I smiled, and Elliot grinned.

"Well, congrats baby."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D