After a few more minutes of Olympia speaking about the Kalos threat it was finally time for Ash's gym battle. "Alright Ash, this will be a one on one battle, followed by a double battle. Are you ready," asked Olympia after stating the terms of the battle. Ash nodded. Then Charlene stepped into to referee spot, "this will be an official gym battle between Ash Ketchum the challanger, and the Anistar City gym leader Olympia. This will be a one on one battle followed by a double battle. Substations will be aloud for the challanger. The battle will be decided when all three of a trainers Pokemon are unable to battle. Both trainers select your first Pokemon." "Sigilyph come out." "Phantump I choose you!" "Both trainers ready?" Ash and Olympia both signaled they were ready. "Battle begin!"

Sigilyph started with psybeam while Phantump used shadow ball. The two attacks collided creating a smoke cloud, Phantump then quickly emerged from the cloud and used shadow claw knocking Sigilyph back. Phantump came at Sigilyph again with shadow claw, but Sigilyph countered with gust. This sent Phantump tumbling back, when he recovered he saw Sigilyph using air slash sending several blades of air at him. Phantump used forest curse to try and block the attack. Forest curse was able to block most of the blades, however one still made it through and hit Phantump. Phantump was breathing heavally after the very effective attack. Sigilyph kept up the pressure by using sky attack, his body glowed as he charged towards Phantump. Phantump refused to quit and used horn leech to counter. When the attacks collided instead of hitting Phantump and continuing, Phantump's horn leech actually caught him. Sigilyph didn't stop the attack, but instead kept pushing, trying to break through the attack. Little by little Sigilyph pushed Phantump back, while this was happening, little by little Phantump's strength was returning. Then suddenly Phantump started glowing white and started to grow bigger. When the glowing subsided, it showed Phantump had evolved into Trevenant, while keeping his white body. Trevenant used his new strength to push Sigilyph back and use phantom force. By the time Sigilyph was moving forward again Trevenant had already disappeared. Sigilyph looked around the area, ready for Trevenant to reappear. Then Trevenant did, right behind him knocking him to the ground. Sigilyph looked back just in time to see a shadow ball coming right before it hit. When the dust cleared Sigilyph was knocked out.

"Sigilyph is unable to battle, Trevenant is the winner. Now begins the double battle," Charlene announced. "Trevenant I want you to sit this battle out," said Ash. Trevenant looked back at Ash confused. 'Why I just won, I'm feeling strong, I can keep going.' Trevenant thought. "You've never trained for a double battle, or battled along side any of my other Pokemon. I want you to watch though, so you can understand how a double battle works," Ash explained. Trevenant nodded his head in understanding and walked off the battle field and stood behind Ash. "Both trainers, release your Pokemon," Charlene announced. Olympia then released a male and female Meowstic. "Alright then, Frogadier, Talonflame, I choose you," Ash cried as he released his two Pokemon. At this time Braxin released herself from her pokeball. "You want to watch Frogadier battle don't you," Serena Asked. Braxin blushed as she smiled and nodded."Both trainers ready?" Ash and Olympia nodded. "Battle begin!"

The male Meowstic glowed yellow as he started with helping hand while the female used future sight as she sent multiple energy balls into three portals into the future. Frogadier then tried to use aerial ace on the male, while Talonflame tried flame charge on the female. However both Meowstic dodged the attacks using pyscic, then began flying around the battle field. Talonflame and Frogadier then got back to back as they watched the meowstic as they watched for attacks and prepares to attack. As the Meowstic were flying around the room, Frogadier used water pulse on the female while Talonflame used flame charge on the male. The male Meowstic used light screen to defend against flame charge. The light screen also protected the female, who then used dark pulse on Talonflame. Before Talonflame hit the ground Frogadier jumped up and caught him, bringing him to the ground safely. Both Meowstic then used psyshock, Frodadier and Talonflame were able to dodge, however the attacks split up and followed them. Both Frogadier and Talonflame were able to keep dodging, but the attack continued to follow closely preventing them from attacking. Ash then instructed Talonflame and Frogadier to go towards each other. When they were about to run into each other they quickly moved out of the way, causing the psyshocks to collide and cancel each other out. Ash then felt the future sight right before it came. He instructed Frogadier and Talonflame to dodge, but it was too late and they were hit. Both Talonflame and Frogadier stood back up, the pain from the attack obvious in their movement.