Inflates Ego||Nate

"Hey." Nate greets.

"Hey." I give him a warm smile.

"How have you been?" He asks

"Good, and you?" I ask.

"I've been living the life." He smiles.

"Tell me about your trip." I say.

"It was amazing, so relaxing and just inspiring." He says. I raise my eyebrow at him. "Ana went and we just spent our days together and she did some things and I'm inspired to make new music because of our trip." He adds. I nod my head. Of course Ana went. She always goes everywhere. It's not that I hate her exactly I just can't stand seeing her with him. I can't stand them together and there's just something about her. She's nice but something doesn't click for me. Maybe it's he fact that I've like her boyfriend for a since before they dated.

"Y/n, Y/n." Nate calls out.

"Yes?" I ask.

"You're zoning out." He points out.

"Ohh um sorry." I say. "You we're saying?" I ask. He begins to talk about the trip again. I need to talk to Stass they'll probably listen to me. Oh I also told Stass I'd bake cupcakes with her for a video. Oh shit.

"Y/n, Y/n you're doing it again." Nate says.

"Sorry. Where were we? You guys did what?" I ask.

"Y/n whats going on?" He asks.

"I just have a lot on my mind." I say.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"Oh um what? Ohh." I say catching in why he asked I keep zoning out. "Just, my to do list." I say lying through my teeth. I'm relieved when he believes me, I've became so good at telling half truths. I mean it's not a lie lie, it's only a half truth to protect him. He's happy with Ana and I just need to move and be happy myself. I can't come between them, even though I don't like Ana. I have so much love and respect for Nate to not ruin his happinesses. I tune into our convo he's talking about his and Anas trip to Big Bear.

"I'm so glad you have Ana, she's good for you. You guys are good for each other." I say looking into his eyes. I again let him believe I don't have feelings for him, I need to let him be happy he's Nate. He isn't the one to really date and if he does he must really like you, and if last he must really like like all of you maybe even love.

"Thank you Y/n that's the nicest thing you've said about Ana and I." He says.

"I don't compliment people often, it inflates their egos and their big heads." I say teasingly. I pretended I can't breathe. "Your ego is taking up all the space in the room I can't breathe." I say as I hold my neck dramatically making him laugh. "You see don't hand out compliments." He says laughing hard.

"You're an ass." I say.

"And shes back." He says laughing.

"Yeah I am." I say smiling. We go back to talking and this time I listen. He's happy with Ana and I should be happy for him, for them, this si good for him.

Words//540//
Happy Holidays Guys, I'm already on break and I've been loving it.
Updated: Dec 21, 2018