N I N E T E E N

Tyler's POV:
I wiped my palms against my jeans, again.

I was so nervous to see Briar.

The first person came through the doors and I craned my neck to see who it was, an older lady with two kids walked out, and disappointment settled in my stomach.

She'll be there, I told myself.

What would she think when she realised that it was just me here?

More people came through the gates and my palms became increasingly sweaty with every person, I mentally cursed myself and wiped my palms again.

Get it together.

I checked my phone to make sure that I hadn't missed a text from her.

I hadn't, but I did have a text from Elizabeth.

Elizabeth: Don't forget to text me when you're leaving. We're all waiting to see her and welcome her home.

I typed back a reply before slipping my phone back into my pocket.

Elizabeth had been working so hard over the last two months to make sure that Briar's return home would be as smooth as possible. She'd dropped over 5 cases and finished 3 of her current one weeks before it was needed.

Michael, on the other hand, pissed off to Italy with his wife and Kelsey the day after Briar had left. My fists clenched at even the thought of that awful man.

Briar deserved so much more than that for a father.

My phone beeped again and I quickly pulled it out, but disappointment filled my body when I saw who it was from.

Haylee Lincoln: Please answer my calls.

Haylee Lincoln: Tyler?

I sighed and deleted the texts. I also made a mental note to block her number, this was getting out of hand.

Another large group of people came through the gates, and familiar dark hair caught my eye.

I saw her then.

She was walking just behind the large group, and my breath caught in my throat when I saw her.

I almost didn't recognise her.

Her cheeks were full and rosy, instead of hollow and pale, like the last time I'd seen her. Her jeans clung to her body flatteringly. She was still thin, but she looked healthy. Her skin was glowing and her hair was thick and rich in colour. She looked up then and caught my eye.

A smile split across her face and she broke into a sprint, heading straight for me.

I opened my arms and braced myself for when she threw herself into my arms, wrapping her legs around my waist and burying her head in my shoulder. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her close. Her scent filled my senses and I inhale deeply, losing myself in her.

She was finally back.

She let go and slid down my body until her feet touched the ground and she stepped back, her eyes shining.

"Hi."

I laughed and pulled her close again, wanting to make sure it was real.

"Hey."

---

FINALLY! I've wanted to write this part for so long holy heck.

What do you think of them being back 'together'? 

yes or no?

And what about Haylee?

I'm going to try and have more Tyler POV's as well.

- K