T H R E E

"You know, he's actually really sweet," Lucy was saying from the other side of Maverick, the huge stallion we were grooming at her parents' stables. It was pouring with rain outside, and the sound resonated on the roof of the stables, although maverick wasn't bothered, Lucy and I had to shout to be heard over the pounding rain.

"He came from the depths of hell itself," I grinned and leant down and brushed down his leg with my hand, trying to rub out the dirt in his light coat. Ever since last week when Tyler first walked into the school corridors, Lucy had been obsessed, to say the least. She followed him around, wore low-cut tops and shorts, despite it being the middle of autumn, and had suddenly been hanging out at mine more.

"His eyes are gorgeous," She shouted over Mavericks back, causing him to take a nervous step forward.

"Woah boy," I murmured and placed a hand on his flank, steadying him as I rubbed small circles into his side until he calmed down. Lucy blushed and glanced down.

"Sorry," Although she was grinning, I could tell she felt embarrassed. Maverick was her horse, but since we were 14, and she'd discovered push-up bras and boys, I'd ridden him more than she had, and I think he'd forgotten who his real owner was.

"Did you know he plays the guitar? He hangs out with the music guys." She stated, perking up again.

I rolled my eyes and grinned, "So that's what that sound I hear every night through the walls is! I never knew. I thought it was his sacrificial ritual to Satan."

"I keep forgetting you live with him, chica con Suerte" She murmured, slipping into her native tongue. She did this sometimes without even noticing, but I knew enough Spanish to know that she'd called me lucky. I was not lucky.

Not even close.

This morning, Tyler had used all the hot water, which meant that I enjoyed a lovely, cold shower.

Two nights ago, he left the toilet seat up, and if you're a girl who has ever sat on the toilet without the seat down, you'll understand the five seconds of terror I experienced.

He drinks straight from the bottle, leaves food on the bench, and plays guitar 24/7. He doesn't turn the lights off and constantly 'forgets' to wear a shirt.

He talks on the phone at all hours of the morning, and doesn't even bother to be quiet when he comes in from his morning run.

Some of us, myself included, don't like getting up until 7:45am, not 7am.

It's like living with a monster.

"He's terrible," I scoffed and picked up the brushes before leading Maverick back to his stall and placing a light kiss on his sandy coloured nose. He whinnied when I shut the stall door and went to meet Lucy at the doors, making my heart ache to go back to him.

"Does Aidan know that you two share a bathroom?" She asked, her eyes shining dangerously. My head snapped up and I turned to face her.

"No, and he won't find out." I sighed, but didn't break eye contact with her. She lifted her hands in fake surrender and laughed.

"Okay, okay. I won't say a word," She linked her arm through mine and we walked back towards her house, hurrying through the rain, in a rush to get inside to watch the latest episode of Orange Is The New Black, we'd never skipped an episode, and we'd never watched a new episode without each other, tonight was no different.

When I walked into the house that night, I could hear music coming from the kitchen, followed by laughter, one was deep, and the other was a high-pitched gurgle. I followed the noise to find Gabby and Tyler in the kitchen, Gabby was perched on the edge of the bench, with flour on her nose and chocolate around her mouth, and Tyler was standing in front of the sink, with flour all through his hair and all over his black shirt.