F I F T E E N

TYLER'S POV:

Her face kept running through my mind.

Her eyes.

The pain in her eyes.

Pain that I'd caused.

Why couldn't I just tell her the truth about Rose? I should've told her right at the start, but now she hates me.

I let my anger get the best of me, again.

Good job, Tyler. You ruined yet another relationship.

I can't believe those words even came out of my mouth, why was I such a fucking idiot?

And now I was watching her walk away through the crowd, walk away from me.

I just wanted to run after her and tell her everything, to wipe the hair out of her face and wrap her up in my arms, to protect her, to keep her safe.

I saw her Dad looking at me out of the corner of my eye, he was muttering something under his breath.

"Selfish girl," It sounded like.

I spun on him.

"She's not selfish. Don't you dare act like this was her idea, I hear you blackmail her. If anything, you're the one who's selfish. No wonder she hates you," I snapped, watching his face pale momentarily before anger filled his expression.

"Don't talk to me that way, boy."

"Or what?" I countered, noticing the way a few people slowed, and Elizabeth picked Gabby up, glancing nervously between us.

"You'll find yourself back in New York sooner than you thought," He sneered.

"Michael, that's not your choice," Elizabeth hissed.

"Shut up," He growled in her direction. She paled and stepped back.

"Don't talk to her like that." I snarled, taking a step forward.

I was seeing red.

He just laughed at me, throwing his ugly head back.

I clenched my fists at my side, counting my breaths slowly, the way I learnt to back in New York

Walk away.

Michael leant forward, until he was just inches away from my face.

"Does she even know about New York?" He said, his voice like ice.

"Does she know about Rose?" He added, quiet enough that Elizabeth didn't hear him.

I spun on my heel and stalked out of the airport, ignoring Elizabeth's frantic calls and Michael's low laugh.

If he wasn't Briar's Dad, and he didn't have the ability to send me back to New York, then I wouldn't have hesitated to bury my fist in his face, but I couldn't risk it, no matter what he said.

I couldn't risk not being here when Briar comes back.

---

He's back! Her Dad is such an asshole, riight? He wont be in the story very much more (hallelujah) but what do you think about Tyler standing up for Briar?

More and more about Tyler's life in New York will be revealed in time!

Be patient, and vote!! Thank you for reading 

- K