E L E V E N

"Popcorn?" Mason called out from the kitchen, earning a chorus of yesses from Kara, Farrah and Tyler. It was Friday night, and we were having a movie night at mine, which had turned into a bit of a routine for when we didn't want to go out. 

Kara jumped up and jogged into the kitchen, and moments later laughter followed, making my lips tug up in the corners.

Mason and Kara were made for each other. Where Kara was loud, Mason was quiet. Kara was opinionated, Mason stayed neutral on most topics. When Kara's head was in the clouds, Mason had her feet solidly on the ground. They'd been together for three years, and they were the only couple I knew who had stayed together all through high school pretty much. Kara bought out the loud side of Mason, and Mason calmed down Kara's.

They balanced each other perfectly.

Farrah was flicking through movies to watch on Netflix, since she had won the right to choose, she was choosing horror.

I didn't mind. It gave me a reason to get closer to Tyler.

He was sprawled out across the couch, an arm propped behind his head, pulling his shirt up a bit and exposing his toned stomach.

I don't think he even went to the gym.

I envied him.

My stomach grumbled and he shot me a look, his eyebrow arched perfectly above his gorgeous eyes. I blushed and wrapped my arms around my stomach.

"Maybe you should make extra for Bri!" He called into the kitchen, a grin stretching across his face. Farrah cracked a small smile and I felt blood rush to my face.

I hoped he wasn't being serious.

I jumped up from my beanbag and made a beeline for the empty space on the couch, knowing that as soon as Kara and Mason got in, an argument would ensue about who got to sit there, even though we all knew they would just end up with Kara on Mason's lap.

It was a useless fight, but amusing to watch.

Tyler grinned and moved his feet for me to sit down. A warm fuzzy feeling settled in my stomach.

Then he threw his legs over mine.

"Ew, get them off," I cringed and pushed at his legs, but he wasn't moving. He just smirked and wiggled around, making himself comfortable. An idea crossed my mind and I smiled mischievously. My fingers tickled the bottom of his foot, causing him to squeal and pull his feet away, nearly kicking me in the chin in the process.

I fell into a fit of laughter at the look on his face.

"That's not fair!" He cried out, but he was laughing too. his eyes shone and seconds later I was pinned on my back, my arms held above my head while his hands mercilessly tickled my sides.

I was squealing and kicking until tears streamed down my cheeks and I was crying for mercy. He stopped and our faces were inches apart. If either of us moved, we'd be touching lips.

I fought the urge to move my head forward.

Farrah cleared her throat and Tyler grinned before climbing off of me. I poked my tongue out at him and fixed my hair, which he'd mussed up while he was tickling me.

"Get a room," Farrah said in our direction before flopping down on the beanbag with a blanket. Kara and Mason came in laughing, but stopped when they saw where I was sitting.

"No way," Kara groaned, and made a sudden beeline for the chair, Mason bounding after her and throwing himself there, only just beating her. They fell into a fit of laughter, but quieted down when Farrah shushed them. I smirked and cuddled further into the couch, wrapping the blanket around me tightly. The light from the Christmas tree was the only light in the room, reminding me that I needed to go Christmas shopping.