Silent.

The city of New York was busy as it ever been. The chattering of people and the sounds of roaring engines filled the air.

He detested it.

He seek for a sanctuary that could do him some good for the free time he had and yet, the bustling city was no mean for peace.

He decided to take a little detour to the park where he could seek some comfort from the nature and maybe, just maybe a little peace.

There was a woman sitting on a bench with a thick book in her lap. Her eyes were glued to the book as she quietly reading the book. He wondered what she read. The sunlight that filtered through the leaves made the woman features even more...beautiful.

Her hair tied into a messy bun as a few strands if hair hanging down the side of her face. She but her lips in concentration.

There was something about this mortal that made him intrigued.

She did not notice he was approaching her. Probably because she could not hear his footsteps as she was wearing her earpiece.

He turned around as he cursed himself in the head. Why would he suddenly wanting to approach the mortal?

He walked away thinking how absurd he was acting that day. Mortal are just the same, nothing special in them that could make him spare them a second glance.

Oh boy, look where his legs led him to.

Once again, he was in the same park in the same spot, staring at the same woman.

One could labelled him as a stalker if this little activity continued.

After a few (make them dozen) times coming back to the park and watching the same woman. He made up his mind to strike a conversation with the woman he had suddenly smitten with.

Damn mortal, playing with his head.

He brought a bottle of mineral water and slowly approaching the said woman. He noticed that she didn't wear her earpiece. Oh Odin, the Norns favoured him today!

He sat beside the girl, careful not to invade her personal space. The woman glance briefly at him when the bench groaned under the new weight. A small smile tugged on her lips before she cast her eyes back to the book in hand.

" Beautiful day isn't?"

He expected the woman to look at him and giving him a respond as any polite being would do, but she kept reading instead as if he wasn't even there to begin with.

A scowl etched on his face. The ire and rage he always felt towards human bubbling under his skin.

And here he thought, that this woman would not be the same as the other but he was wrong.

And he hate being wrong.

Shaking with uncontrollable rage, he seize the woman's arm and jerked her to face him.

"Listen here you puny mortal, do not act as if you are higher than me." He hissed.

The woman's eyes grew wide as panic set in her face.

"I could outlive your life for centuries, you will be gone ever before Odin manage to grew a strand of hair. I am a god, you should be kneeling in my presence!" He threw the mortal down the bench before teleporting back to his secret abode.

You sat there with a petrified look before tears started gathered around your eyes. You had done it again. You had drove another people in your life.

You just want to have someone who could understand you, but all you did was making it worse.

Since the battle that had took place in the middle of Manhattan, you had lost your sense of hearing.

You were caught in the blast as the creatures from out of the space started shooting and throwing grenades all around.

You had notice the new presence of a man with dark hair and emerald green eyes that you had taken a secret crush on.

You did not know who he is and yet he managed to capture your attention even before he had interact with you.

He came everyday and always walk on the path that set before your favourite spot.

And when he sit beside you giving you a soft look, a hope had set in your heart that maybe, just maybe that this man may be the one who will understand you.

The look in his eyes made you felt so small. It was sharp with knowledge and...doubt.

It looks like he was trouble.

But you did not know what had drove him to assault you and scream those soundless words to you with such rage.

You wipe your tears away before taking out the memo you always brought with you. You wrote a brief note and set it on the bench.

Hoping that he will come back and accept your apology.

~•~

Indeed, he came back.

He felt oddly, remorseful for acting such way to you.

He walked to the spot you always sit at but there was no sign of you.

All he saw was a small green coloured memo on the bench.

'I apologise. I do not mean to be rude but I'm deaf. Sorry.'

His eyes widened, heart beat harder.

A fool he is.

He folded the note neatly and put it in his jeans pocket before running to find the woman.

He found her standing in the bridge, eyes vacant as she gazed at the ducks.

He walked to her before stopping away two metres from her. He waited for her to noticed him.

You were startled to see a shadow beside you. There he is, the man who screamed at you earlier.
You quickly bowed to him.

He softly took your hand and kissed it. He shook his head and sign,

'No. I apologies. It was rude of me to assume before asking.'

'It is alright. It was not your fault. It happened all the time.'

Something flashed in his eyes but it was to quick for you to catch it.

'Would you like to be my friend? I'm afraid you had enchanted me for the first look.' A mischievous smile lit on his face as he sign it.

A blush broke on your cheeks before you timidly nod.

'It would be a pleasure being your friend.'

He chuckled.

'Oh no the pleasure is all mine. My name is Loki. Yours?'

'(Y/N)'

He held out a hand in invitation.

'Shall we?'

You smile and took his hand.

Oh, who would have though, the worst day can turn out for better?