In each other arms (Loki x Reader)

It was another rainy day. A normal occurrence in England. Rain had became their natural part of the day. What would England be without the windy, and wet weather? It was quiet a hassle when the dark clouds decided to grace their presences to the land of Queen Elizabeth, pedestrians running away, looking for shelter. Some walked as if nothing had happened, with heir umbrella held tight in their hand.

You blinked.

Again and again.

"Stop that."

You blinked again and looked at the pale man in front of you. Annoyances painted his face. "Stop what?"

"Your habit. You've been blinking far more than necessary in a second."  He said before he eased his tense shoulder and leaned forward to scrawl on the paper.

"Oh. I didn't noticed it." You casted our eyes downward and scrawled on the paper.

X

Loki pulled the paper from your grasp and scrawled, O.

"How's my brother's fare?" Loki asked. Pencil held lazily between his long, elegant finger.

You shrugged and answered. "As the usual, being a dork  and hanging around with his little gang of bumbling fools. Worried about you though."

His lips tugged when you gave him the blunt answer. Granted, his brother could be one of the greatest fool sometimes but a brother to him nonetheless.

Scratch.

You gave him a scowled and snatched the paper. Making a new line of boxes on it.

"He seems quiet well then? My parents?" He knew the answer but he liked to hear your voice for no reason.

This time you smile and scrawled again on the paper before giving him the paper. "As you know, Frigga is being all overprotective motherly again, well, her baby is in need of her-" Loki smacked you lightly on your shoulder. "Ouch! Hey, it's the truth alright? It's not like you didn't like her pampering you. And Odin, as the usual, acting all cold and tough outside, but a mussy in the inside."

Scratch.

"Dammit. I hate this game." You mumbled and teared up the paper.

Loki raised an eyebrow, his eyes twinkled with amusement. "Then why are you playing this? I'm impressed that you're last this long before you tear up the paper. "

"Well...someone decided to be held in a ward doe quiet a time."

Ah yes, he was in a hospital.

"Ah yes, what a sudden turn of event." He mused.

And here you are, sitting on the uncomfortable chair, playing tic-toe game with Loki. The game that you hate, because Loki managed to beat you every time you play this game with him.

"Then why won't you bring something else? Chess?"

"You know damn well that I hate chess. I don't even know the way it should move!" You said in exasperation.

Loki just chuckled. "That because, you're too lazy to read about the rule."

You just smirked at him. "You know me well."

Both of you fell into a comfortable silence. Watching out of the window, the sound of the falling rain calming down your nurse. Cars and people passed by. It was quiet a sight, colourful umbrellas scattered as their owner walked. Painting the dark and gloomy day with bright colours.

You yawned. The cold day made you sleepy.

"Sleepy dear?" Loki looked at you concerned.

You nodded and rubbed your eyes. "Hmm. Long night. Ms.Thatcher decided that we need to review our SIP. She said it was lacked of informations and an utter rubbish. We need to do it again."

"Then why are you here? You should have some rest."

"No, I wanna take care of you. Or it would be a waste of my effort in persuading your mother in allowing me to take care of you." You held your head in your palm and smiled at him.

Loki suddenly scooted away and held up the blanket.  A gesture you know so well, he's inviting you to lie with him on the bed.

"What?"

He rolled his eyes. "Come."

You were grinning. "You could just say that you want a cuddle Loki." But you still get on the bed and pressed up close to Loki.

"Don't push it." He snaked an arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. Your head was against his chest, you could hear his steady heartbeat, lulling you to sleep.

"Sleep my love, I'll take care of you." He whispered against your the crown of your head.

"I should be the one who's supposedly taking care of you." You yawned.

"Just sleep dear, we'll take care of each other. " he kissed you.

Soon, both you and Loki drifted off to sleep in each other arms. Basking with the warmth produced by body heat.

And none of you heard the click of camera shutter and a blond woman in her middle thirty giggling as she looked at the picture in her phone.

"Mother, why didn't you go inside?" Asked Thor.

"Not now Thor, he's sleeping." But the glint in her eyes saying that she's hiding something from him.

"But you really wanted to meet him-"

"Let's go Thor."

I'm so sleepy but I couldn't sleep so I wrote this instead. Hope it making sense since my brain is quiet scattered right now. Aiming for fluff but I don't whether it a fluff or not.

P.s; I have a habit in blinking too much when I'm nervous or dunno what to do.