Celebration (Ada!Thranduil x Reader)

You sat on the corner of the halls, watching as the maids and the other elves (that you don't know what is their job) bustling all over the place. Carrying things and decoration before placing them at their perspective area. Why would they decorate the place like there were going to be some kind of party that all the people in Middle Earth are going to attend them?

It was already passed your curfew and yet there you sat, on the cold floor completely oblivious to a pair of eyes that staring at you.

You swayed your body back and forth to entertain yourself. Watching them running here and there like a colony of ants was fun but it was slowly drifting you off to sleep. Considering that most of the maids wore white clothes that reminded you of sheep.

Your eyes felt heavy and they slowly shutting down. But you quickly snapped your head upward and shook your head. Chasing away all the grogginess.

"Maybe I should head to my bed now..." You murmured softly. You yawned and stood up.

"Or maybe I should just stay here and see-" before you could finished your sentence, a certain elf put her hands on your shoulders slowly.

Your body went rigid. You could feel the hot breath softly fanned on your ear.

"Or maybe you should be a good little elfling and stay in bed!"

Uh-oh.
Someone woke up in the wrong side of the bed.

"I-I can explain."

It's actually like this.

"Leggy?" You tugged at your brother's plain green tunic as you called put for him.

  The said ellon hummed and looked down at you. The sunlight that filtered through the leaves shone upon him. Lightning up his figure and making his face slightly shadowed. Starkly contrast to his glowing hair.

You love everything about your brother . For you he could be the best brother you could ever asked for.

  "Why don't we have any celebration like the man did?" He raised one of his eyebrows.

  "What do you mean penneth?" He slowly knelt down before you.

The both of you were in the garden. Enjoying a nice evening surrounded by the flower beds and there was a fountain in the middle of the garden. The garden was for only the royalty to enter. None of the other elves that doesn't have the blood of the Greenwood King's can see the route to the garden.

"I mean... Why not we celebrate the coming of new year? Like the man did?"

In return, Legolas just laughed. He ruffled your head before he caught his breath.

"Oh my sweet little (Y/N). Why would we celebrate the upcoming year? You full well know that we live like forever. And plus," he said.

  "You do know how Adar is when it comes to a party. I think Greenwood will lack out of food source if we continue celebrating the new year or even our birthday."

He noticed how your face fell when he said that. But he knew that truth is the most bitter thing to be heard or to be tell. He pulled you into a hug. You hugged him back. Inhaling into his wood scent.

  "But, I heard that there is an upcoming celebration will be held next week. It for some of the Kingdom business which renewing their alliances if I'm not mistaken."

  You ears perked up before you looked up to him with a beaming face.

  "Yes. The elves from Lothlorien and Imladris will be coming over. Maybe then we can celebrate our own 'New Year' with Adar." He picked you up and carried you inside.