Portrait(Thranduil X Reader)

You watched him carefully as you comb your fingers through his long silky hair. He looked like he was in peace. Face free from any frown or the sign that he was stressed.

The man you have grown to love with your whole heart, always in distress thinking about his kingdom that slowly sinking into darkness. You still remember how he inherited the kingdom from his father. Not really in a way he would ever imagine. His father died. Oropher's death hit him hard. For he is the main pillar in Thranduil's life.

You sigh and shook your head. You slowly caressing his cheek before you peck him there. His nose scrunched and he back to sleep. You giggle before you entangled yourself from him. As much as you wanted to cuddle with him all day, being a Queen doesn't mean you can just laid in there doing nothing. You still have some chores as a wife and a Queen.

You get out of the bed, carefully not to wake Thranduil up. You paddle to the closet before reaching up to take your usual morning robes and wore it. You walked to the door and opened it. You can see the guards that a few meters away from your room. They smiled and nodded to you. You returned it. It a habit to you. You will always cook for your family and not just wait for the cook. Where the love in that?

You walked along the corridor humming a tune. The morning light seeped through the cracks in the cave lighting up the underground kingdom. (*cough* city*cough* AOT) The elves of greenwood had started their day. You saw the elfling walked groggily while holding their mother's hand. The mother urging her child to walk faster and eventually lift up her child and gave them a kiss in the forrhead.. Your heart warmed at the simple gesture. You can't wait for that to happen.

"Ah morning my Queen." A soft voice called out from your left. Snapping you out of your stupor.

You looked the left and saw the smiling face of Galion. Immediately a smile bloomed on your face.

"Ah Galion! You're back?"

" For the last time I check, why yes." he teased you and you laughed. That was one thing you like about him. He was a carefree person and yet knew when to be serious.

"Oh I missed you Galion. It's been quiet when you are not here."

Galion just laughed. "Sure. "

You rolled your eyes. "Of course. Walk with me." And he did.

"So how's your visit in Rivendell? Everything is in order?" you asked the brunette.

"Yes. He was willing to be our ally. Luckily ge is a man of wisdom. " You nodded your head.
It was indeed true that Elrond was a man of wisdom. Much to Thranduil's liking. The Peredhel actually older than both you and Thranduil. Sometimes you were tempted to call him as uncle but refrain yourself from doing so. Well, you need to kept the courtesy between a ruler to another right?

"And what about Lothlorien?" Galion sighed beside you.

"You know how Thranduil is (Y/N). " He said in a dejected tone.

You let out a long sigh and rubbed your temple. This is getting tiresome. The banter (or should you said war) between Thranduil and Galadriel was keeping the elven kingdoms from uniting.

"This is so stupid. I'm going to have a talk to him." You and Galion kept exchanging stories before both of you changing route.

The cooks greeted you and you did the same before you into your own section. A place for you to make some food for your family.

After half an hour, you heard the cooks all gasped and broke into a small giggle and whispers.

You ignored the small commotion and continued cutting the bread into a small size.