Chapter 13

Glenn's POV:

"C'mon Seraphina, its been two days. Stevie is an emotional wreck, I'm not doing that great either." I muttered, Seraphina was plugged in to so many tubes and shit. Standing up I kissed the top of her head, I've been by her side 24/7. Don had to take Stevie home, she was causing a scene. She's completely shattered and she still wont tell us what happened to Sara. I know its Sara's choice, but its driving us all nuts especially Don. He doesn't know how to make her feel better, all he can do is tell her everything will be okay but at this point he isn't really believing himself anymore.

The door creaked open and I heard a sniffle, looking over I saw Stevie. She was wrapped in one of Don's sweaters with her arms crossed. "Hey." She whispered hoarsely, her throat probably hurt from the crying.

"Hi kid." I responded causing her to smile. "I'm not that much younger than you Glennard. " Scrunching my nose up at her answer made her laugh. "My name is not Glennard." I pouted.

Stevie sat down next to me, "Remember when Sara started that?" Chuckling, I nodded. "How could I not? That one time when we were playing monopoly and I didn't help her get out of jail."

"She was so mad!" Stevie giggled softly, "She just screamed, 'Fuck you Glennard!'" I smirked, "Yeah I thought she was gonna pounce on me." That was one of the many things I liked about her.

Steves sighed, "When the hell did this get so fucked up?" I placed a hand on her shoulder, "We'll pull through though, this is just a bad chapter." It had to get better, it just had to.

~

Its been too long, almost a week and nothing has changed. The doctors keep saying all her charts are okay but Sara hasnt woken up. Stevie has raised hell about it I dont know how many times now. The rest of us have given up. Sleeping in another one of those uncomfortable chairs, I was awoken by Stevie screaming. "What the hell do you mean everything is fine? Does she look fucking fine?!" Rubbing my eyes I saw her glaring at a doctor, who was about a foot taller than her.

"Now Miss I can assure everything is fine with Miss Tate." The doctor said. "Oh okay! Yeah! Hey Sara how ya feeling today? Oh that's fucking good you're in a coma!" Stevie screeched. Don tried to hold her back, "C'mon Steph, c'mon." The doctor crossed his arms, "I'll call security if I need to Miss Nicks."

I stood up, "Hey um its alright Doc we got her! C'mon Don sit her down there, she's just upset." Stevie was about to snap at me but Henley covered her mouth. Quickly I ushered the doctor out of the room, "Its all okay thanks for helping us bye bye now." The doctor looked at me for a second before shrugging and walking off. "I need a fucking smoke." I grumbled, walking down the hallway.

Breathing in the smoke as I leaned against a pole, I just broke down. Stevie was right, when did everything get screwed up. How did this happen? How could we let it get this bad? Why didn't we notice this back when it started? Why couldn't we get the balls to just confront her about it? Instead we just let it get this bad.

"Glenn, you okay?" Turning around quickly I wiped my eyes. Randy was standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Its okay Glenn, I think we've all done some of that by now. I never thought this would happen." 

Leaning up against the pole, I looked down at my feet. Why cant I just be left alone, I don't want to be comforted. "When the hell did this become our lives! Its only been a week and our whole world has been turned upside down! In a week!" Randy tried placing his hand on my shoulder, I shrugged it off. "I'm sorry Randy, I just need time by myself. Go back inside with Don." With a quick nod and a slight smile he started to walk towards the door.

Once the door closed with a snap, tears started flowing from my eyes again. I don't think I've ever cried this hard before in my life, why couldn't she just tell me what was wrong? Why couldn't we stop her drinking earlier? All these questions swirled around in my head over and over. As I wished that everything would just stop.