Chapter 1

I sat on the floor of my home, with a guitar in my lap, and papers spread out in front of me. I sighed scribbling out some words I had written down, replacing them with new ones.

                 The knock on my door interrupted my thought, "Coming!" I called as I stood up, placing the guitar in the corner.

                 As I opened it I saw a mess of dirty blonde curls peaking around the door, I smiled. "Hey Steph." "Hi Sara!" she said cheerfully walking into my house. Stevie Nicks had been my closest friend since we were kids, now she was singing in a band called Fleetwood Mac, they had just finished a new album which would be Stevie's first.  I'm also a singer, but a solo artist with quite a few albums under my belt.

                  "What brings you around Steph?" I quickly pick up the papers on the floor, putting them on a near by desk.

                  Stevie plopped down on the couch, "I found a new band!" I groaned, "Not another." She sat up, "C'mon Sara! This band is really good! They're called the Eagles!" I sat down next to her, "Is there a cute member? There almost always is." I teased her.

                   Her cheeks blushed pink, "Yeaaaah, I'm dating him." I turned to face her, "What?! Is this the first guy since Lindsey?"

                   Stevie nodded again, her curls bouncing around her head. "He's really greeeeaat. His name is Don, he's a drummer." She sighed, sinking farther into my suede couch.

                    I grinned at my short friend, "I'll go to this show."  Stevie jumped up, grabbing my hand, "C'mon we gotta get ready! Its tonight!" I ran my free hand through my hair, "Sheessh Stevie could have told me." She turned to face me, her brown eyes glistened with excitement. "But that would ruin the surprise!"

                     Dressed in bell bottoms and platforms, Stevie and I walked into the smoke filled bar of the Troubadour.

                     "Do these guys have an album out yet?" Stevie shook her head, curls swinging back and force around her face. "Not yet, they're finishing it up."

                     I waved some smoke out of my face, "When is your album coming out?" Stevie pushed the theater door open, "Tomorrow." she said with a wink.

                    There were four mic stands on the stage and a few people sitting in the audience. No one was playing yet, you could only hear the chatter of the people. Stevie entangled her fingers with mine, leading me to the front of the stage.

                  "You see, we get those chairs right there." I nodded, the camera around my neck bounced up and down. "I could take pictures." She smiled, "Oh please! You do such a good job!" I blushed. I also took photos I didn't usually put them in magazines or anything. I just liked being a photographer.

                   Backstage was always insane, didn't matter who was performing the Stones or some little local band. Backstage was always filled with excitement and anxiety, plus plenty of booze. Stevie and I held hands as she pushed through the people to get to this Don guy she talked so highly of. We approached this tall man with a mess of dark curls, "Don!" Stevie exclaimed, letting go of my hand to hug him. They embraced each other, and quickly let go so I could meet the infamous Don. His piercing blue eyes looked straight into my soul as he turned to face me full on, our eyes met and I quickly cascaded mine down. Damn, she had a hell of a guy there. He had dark curly unmanageable hair, a pointed nose, with a crooked smile underneath. He was honestly gorgeous, I couldn't even try to lie about that. 

                    He stuck his hand out for me to shake, "Hey I'm Don, Don Henley." he had a deep voice, with a slight southern accent.