Chapter 6

"What do you mean I cant buy the album?" I almost yelled into the phone. The album had finally come out but Randy informed me I couldn't buy it just yet.

"We wanna perform it for you, you haven't heard all the songs yet." He explained.
I sighed with a smile, "Lemme guess it was Glenn's idea?" That man loved to show off, I still saw him as a skinny little dork though, a talented one but a dork just the same. They were all my little dorks, their faces when I called them that were priceless.

"Yeah, it's Glenn's idea but Don wants to show it to Stevie like that too. So come by the Troubadour today?" Randy asked.
"Of course, when am I not there?" I smirked.

~

It was 4pm, the only part of the Troubadour that was open was the bar. The only people there were us and the bartender, Stevie and I sat in the front row. In front of us was Glenn in a hockey shirt and an acoustic guitar around his neck. He smiled at us as he walked up to the mic, "Okay ladies and gents, 1-2-3-4 okay testing-testing good! First up we're doing Take it Easy, and a 1-2-3." As the word left his mouth the music started to fill the room. I tapped my foot as Stevie hummed.

"The next one Don wrote for you Steph, with Bernie's help. This one is called Witchy Woman." He stepped back from the mic as the intro started and Don started to sing. Stevie stood up, grinning from ear to ear, and began to dance. The song was made for Steph, I loved watching her twirl to the lyrics Don sang. 

 "Woo hoo witchy woman she got the moon in her eye. She held me spellbound in the night
dancing shadows and firelight. Crazy laughter in another room and she drove herself to madness with a silver spoon."  

Stevie and I clapped like crazy as the song ended, Don smiled sheepishly. Glenn walked back up to the mic stand, "Now c'mon you two Randy hasn't had his turn to woo you gals yet." We applauded as Randy took the spot at the main mic. "I've never actually sang this one live...um." 

"C'mon Randy!" I yelled. He looked down at his feet with a smile before lifting his head up again, "Thank you, thank you. This is called Tryin'." 

My eyes went wide as I heard Randy sing, his voice was out of this world. I looked down at Stevie as she clapped her hands to the beat. "He's amazing!" Stevie nodded, "He is! I've never heard him actually sing before, just harmonize." When the song ended we gave him a large round of applause with plenty of hootin' and hollerin'.  Randy blushed, "Thanks girls." 

They sang a few more songs and soon enough it came to the end, strange though because I counted 9 songs not 10 like they said back on the way home from Joshua Tree. I shrugged and continued clapping for the band, "Thank you, thank you!" Glenn said, "You're the only two fans that really matter to us." I smiled as I threw my leg over an amp to get on to the stage. "Also our first crazy fan." Bernie joked as he offered me a hand. I scoffed, blowing my hair out of my face. "Naaah, just impatient."

I almost tackled Randy as I ran over to him, my boots stomping on the stage. "You never fucking told me your voice was that damn good!" He blushed, "Well you never asked." I playfully punched his shoulder, "Sneaky little bastard. " Glenn chuckled, "Randy doesn't like to tell anyone how good he sounds." I looked at Glenn, "You sounded good too, all of you have great voices." 

"Great with writing too." Stevie added as she got on the stage with the help of Don. "I cant believe you wrote that song for me." she played with the collar on Don's shirt. Glenn stuck his tongue out, "Pleeease you two, don't gross us out too much." Don shot him a glare as he and Stevie walked backstage.

~

"Thank you all, you've been great. This isn't the last track on the album but I wanted to save this for last it's special." Glenn said, it was later that night. They played an amazing set, it was probably better than the rehearsal me and Steph witnessed earlier. 

Glenn continued, "I wrote this song for someone I met not too long ago, I guess it was a few months ago. Don was givin' me lots of shit for it, since we were basically done with this album but I don't think it would've been complete without this track. Besides he helped me write this so he can't bitch too much." he winked at the crowd. " Here we go for that special person in the audience tonight, this is Peaceful Easy Feeling."

I stared at Glenn as he closed his eyes and started to sing, his voice was soft and calming. Everyone in the crowd shut up to hear this song, the only thing you could hear was the band. I swayed to the song with closed eyes, but then it hit me. My eyes opened up wide, he was singing about me! 

"I get this feelin' I may know you as a lover and a friend. This voice keeps whisperin' in my other ear, tells me I may never see you again."

"Holy shit." I whispered. Stevie looked at me, "Huh?" I shook my head, "Nothing, nothing" Stevie closed her eyes and continued dancing to the song.  

" I get a peaceful easy feelin' and I know you won't let me down. 'Cause I'm already standin' yes I'm already standin' yes I'm already standin' on the ground." 

Glenn opened his eyes, meeting mine. He looked right at me as he sang the final verse in the song. He gave me a slight smile before speaking into the microphone, "Thank you everyone have a good night!" The band rushed off the stage, leaving me in the middle of the bustling crowd wondering what the hell this all meant.

A/N: I know, Glenn and Don didn't write this song but its one of my favorites and I always wanted to write a fic sorta based around the song. I hope you guys like it!