March 23

today, when i went over to the dun's home, joshua was crying.

i asked momma dun what was wrong, but she said she tried to ask but he wouldn't say anything.

so, i carefully went into his room, sitting down next to him on his bed and simply holding him.

"hi, baby," i said quietly, kissing my fiancé's head. "you ok?"

josh just continued to cry, sniffling as i ran my fingers through his hair in an attempt to calm him down.

"i love you, joshie," i said, kissing the top of his head. "you know you can talk to me if you ever, ever need anything at all."

josh sniffled and buried his face in my neck, slipping his hands around me.

"i-im s-sorry i k-kissed emily," he sobbed.

"baby," i said quietly, gently rubbing up and down his back. "that was months ago. you know i forgive you."

"b-but i-i shouldn't h-have done it," he cried.

"i know, baby. you shouldn't have done it. but you did the right thing in the end," i said. "you were completely honest with me after you talked with your dad about it. and it didn't mean anything either, did it?"

"n-no," he sniffled.

"then it's ok, honey. i promise. i forgave you a long time ago," i promised. "what got you thinking about that?"

"t-that i-i'm the only person y-you've ever kissed b-but you aren't the only i ever have," he said quietly.

"nothing's going to change that, baby. we can't change the past, but we can determine the future, and i know you'll never, ever do that again. and if i thought you would, i wouldn't have said yes to marrying you."

"i-i l-love you," he sniffled, hugging me tightly.

i smiled slightly. "i love you too, joshie," i said, tilting his chin up so i was looking in his red, puffy eyes. i pressed a soft kiss against his lips. "let's go do something fun," i grinned.

"l-like what?"

"you wanna go look at some room ideas for when we finally live together?" i smiled. "i saw these cute pillows that both said 'hubby' on them that i thought would be so perfect for us."

josh smiled slightly and nodded.

i grinned and held my hands out, him taking them and allowing me to help pull them up.

so, we went and got the pillows, josh blushing as i pulled into the parking lot of the flower shop and came back out with a large bouquet for him.

though, i was still driving josh's car.

but, it was ok, because for the most part, we were together.

it was kind of like we switched roles today, and i liked it.

i liked feeling like i was taking care of joshua instead of him just taking care of me.

-tyler