March 19

today, it rained.

i told the family i would go to the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner, and since i didn't have a car while josh was at school, i just walked.

we exchanged texts, though. he was to pick me up at target by 6.

well, it was 10:00, pitch black, pouring rain. target had closed an hour ago and josh still hadn't picked me up.

i called and called and called, but he never answered.

eventually, at 10:30, josh came speeding up, getting out of the car almost before it stopped moving. "ty! ty, baby! i'm so sorry! i complete forgot!" he exclaimed, taking the bags from my hands and tossing them in the trunk.

"here, baby, get in the car..." he said, helping me into the passenger seat.

"i-i'm so, s-so sorry, tyler," josh said. he was starting to cry. "i-i'm such a bad fiancé," he sniffled. "w-we don't h-have t-to get married anymore i-if you don't want..."

"j-joshie," i said, reaching my soaking wet, freezing cold hands out to gently hold his face. "i-it's ok, honey. i-it was a s-simple mistake."

"i'm such a bad fiancé," josh cried sadly. "i-i forgot you in t-the rain and n-now you're all wet and cold a-and it's all my fault a-"

"joshie," i said again, pressing my quivering lips against his. "i-it's ok. i-i'm ok."

josh continued to sob, driving to my apartment and carrying me up the stairs. he didn't need to, but i didn't dare say anything.

josh would only start beating himself up again.

he carried me to the bathroom, drawing a warm bath and putting in lots of bubble bath, helping strip me of my drenched, freezing cold clothing.

he sat me in the tub and held my hand, but he continued to cry.

"josh, baby," i said, running my fingers through his hair. "why're you crying? it isn't that bag of a deal, honey. look! i'm still here, and i don't love you any less, and you're still here, and i don't think you love me any less either."

josh sniffled and nodded slightly. "i-i'm s-sorry i'm s-such a bad fiancé."

"joshua, you're the best fiancé i could ever ask for. you're so frickin sweet and funny and kind and thoughtful and caring and handsome and smart and just... everything," i said, squeezing his hand. "get in the tub with me, drummer boy," i giggled. "c'mon. you know you want to."

"o-ok," he said shyly. he stripped naked and got in the bathtub, and i immediately swam over to him and plopped down in his lap, kissing his lips deeply.

"i love you, honey. so, so much. you're so sweet thinking this is such a big deal, but it really isn't," i said, kissing his lips.

josh just sniffled and hugged me tightly.

he really is just a big teddy bear.

"i-i l-love y-you," he said, crying softly.

"shhh, baby," i said, gently rubbing his back. "you're ok. you wanna go snuggle?"

josh sniffled and nodded, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand as a child would. 

i smiled and stood up, stepping out of the tub and gently pulling him up by the hands, kissing his lips as we stood their for a minute.

he then stepped out of the tub completely, and i got us both some boxers and we dressed, going to my bed and crawling in.

"i-i'm s-sorry i left y-you," he sniffled, hugging me tightly.

"baby..." i said, hugging him back and kissing his forehead. "do i love you any less?"

"n-no," he sniffled.

"do i love you any more?" i grinned.

"n-no."

"yes i do," i giggled, tickling his abdomen. "you're somehow even cuter than before."

josh blushed and started to smile, unable to control himself with the tickling.

"awww, joshieee," i giggled, continuing to tickle him as i kissed his lips. "you're sooooo sweet."

my big teddy bear and i snuggled until we fell asleep, waking up somewhere around 2:00 in the morning and deciding to make love.

giggly, sweet love.

just how we like it.

-tyler