//36//

Running takes a lot on a small girl like me. My knees were killing me and my feet hurt like hell. I tried to push myself to keep running but I just didn't have it in me.

I had no idea where I was. All I could see was forest on one side of the rode and forest on the other too. I sighed and plopped down onto the rode. "Why am I so stupid?" I said looking up to the sky. "I'm serious, Amber if you were here I'd be a lot smarter. Why? Because my older sister would of already made the mistakes and I'd know not to make them myself." I sighed, talking to my older sister was hard.

"We all miss you. Well me, Dad, Mum, Javelin and I think Andrew, i still don't believe he's our brother. He looks a lot like dad, so I guess he could be. My friends don't know about you. I wanted to tell them but even saying your name is hard, so having a full blown conversation about you makes it worse." I chuckled.

"Mum says your cancer that killed you runs in the family and she thinks my first kid will have it. She's really strange lady, she reminds me of you a lot. She has your deep dark brown hair and you light green eyes. She also has your smile." I felt a tear slip from my eye. "I miss you-"

"Hey girl! Are you gunna talk to the sky or come here?" A boys voice called. I looked down from the sky and met with a pair of blue eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked standing up.

"My names Luke. You are?" He smiled.

"I'm Kaelin, do you know where we are?" He nodded.

"Just outside of Doncaster, why?" I sighed.

"Do you have a car?" He nodded pointing to a red mustang GT which was parked behind him. "Can I get a ride?"

"Where to?"

"Oak ridge apartment complex." He chuckled.

"You know that's about three hours away from here, right?" I nodded. "Okay then. Common." He said pulling me to his car. I opened the passenger door and was met by a girl?

"Hey sorry! Here climb in the back." She said, opening the side door. I nodded climbing into the back and shutting the door. "Luke, who's this?"

"This is Kaelin, we're giving her a ride." The girl chuckled.

"No duh!"

"Don't get sarcastic Makayla." She sighed.

"Where ya headed Kaelin?"

"Oak ridge apartment complex." She chuckled.

"Luke doesn't Jay live there?" Luke nodded.

"Wait, Jay Oakley?" Luke nodded. "I used to live with him."

"You lived with my cousin?" Makayla chirped.

"Yeah me and him went to high school together and were best friends so we just bought an apartment together."

"Your Kaelin, the Kaelin, Luke it's her!" Luke nodded. "Sorry, my cousin talks about you a lot." I chuckled.

"It's alright." After that we didn't talk much, well not me at least. Luke and Makayla would chat and make jokes about how quite I was being and I'd laugh, but that was pretty much it.

***

"Hey, we're almost to Jay's." Luke chirped.

"Kaelin before we go, I'd like to stay in touch so can I have your number?" Makayla asked, handing me her phone. I nodded and quickly added my number.

"I saved it for ya." She smiled and took her phone back.

"We're here." Luke said as his car rolled to a stop. "I hope you find what your looking for, Kaelin." I smiled as Makayla opened the door for me.

"I hope you two find... Well actually enjoy your car!" I said walking away.

"I'll text you!" Makayla shouted as Luke pulled away, speeding off. I chuckled to myself as is walked over to Jay's door. I knocked and waited for him to answer.

"Hello- Kaelin? Why are you here?" He asked, clearly shocked by seeing his best friend at his doorstep.

"I needed a break from Harry, so I came here."

"You came home." I smiled. "Bur, it's bloody cold, come in." He added stepping aside.

"You've redecorated." He nodded. "I love it!" He chuckled as my eyes trailed over the new living room. Our old couch was replaced by a new white one. Our old fifty dollar TV was replaced with a huge flat screen TV. Everything seemed so new and high tech.

"I'm glade you like it." He smirked sitting down on the couch. "Now since I know you were lying when you got here, why are you really here?" I sighed.

"I needed to disappear for awhile." He nodded.

"I get it, remember in high school when I disappeared for like a month then came home?" I nodded, that month was the worst of my life. Not having your best friend at school with you kinda sucks.

"It's nearly three am!" I shrieked.

"Yeah. Why?" I sighed.

"I need sleep." Jay chuckled pulling me off the couch and down the hall.

"Here's your room, I did some new decorating, have a nice night." I chuckled and nodded. I quickly climbed into bed and as soon as my head hot the pillow I was out. Like a lightbulb.