//24//

It's been a week since my dad stopped by at Kaelin's and we haven't really spoke since then. I'm actually quite worried. Not just about her and I not talking but about what she said on 'moving too fast'. I did agree at first but now I'm uncertain. Like I did show up at her house one day and yes she was a little mean but I didn't stop.

Then I did ask her out but she chose to say yes. And her and Louis- wait I still need to beat the shit out of him, of course after I get answers. I quickly tied up my white converse not forgetting my jacket and headed for the door.

"Where you going?" Atticus asked, his feet were propped up on our new coffee table.

"Out and get your dirty feet off of there." I said swatting his feet down which weren't actually really dirty, but Liam is kinda crazy about one speck of dirt so I thought of Atticus' safety.

"Where to?" He asked taking a sip of god knows what. "Kaelin's?"

"No, Louis's. Now goodbye." I said pulling up my jacket and slamming the door.

The cool air pierced my skin as I made my journey to my truck. I don't know why I hadn't started using it until now, I guess because last time I walked anywhere far I got hit! Hah and I escaped the hospital, I'm surprised they didn't call me and make me come back.

Within seconds my truck roared to life and I quickly pulled out. Louis's place is about 30 minutes away from mine so I cranked up to tunes. "Arctic Monkey." I said to myself as the beat played out.

***

I let my truck role to a slow stop once id reached Louis's house. I could see his car was here so was praying her was too. I climbed out of my truck and headed for the door. Only moments after knocking Louis answered.

"Hey Harry, um come in." He said steeping back so I could enter. I walked slowly into the house. "You can have as seat, I'm making Tea if you'd like any." I shook my head.

"I here got talk, not for fucking tea." Louis nodded, walking into the kitchen.

"Shoot." He said coming back from the kitchen with his tea.

"Why the fuck did you kiss Kaelin?" He chuckled.

"Harry, that was a long time ago," My jaw clinched. "But if you must know, I did it because I needed to. I needed to feel the rush of kissing someone else's girl Harry, and now that I did it I regret it because it's ruined our friendship."

"Shoulda thought about that." I scoffed walking out the door, slamming it behind me. I don't know why I was so mad but I was. I stormed over to my truck and sped off.

Once home I ran into my room. I heard knocking on my door and ripped it open.

"Kaelin called, she needs to talk to you." Liam said, holding out his phone. I quickly grabbed it and flung it up to my ear.

"Hello?"I said, I sounded a little more Desperate than I wanted to sound.

"Hi Harry, how are you?" She said, I could hear pain in her voice.

"Kaelin, what's wrong?" I heard a soft cry. "Kaelin?"

"I'm sorry Harry, I-I have to go." I heard her drop her phone then the line went fuzzy. I quickly shoved the phone back into Liam's hands and ran to my truck. When I was about to leave Liam hopped in.

"Liam, get out!" I said pointing to the door.

"She's my friend too Harry, and she seemed upset so I'm coming with you." I knew there was no changing his mind so I pulled out rather harshly and made the drive to Kaelin's.

"I hope she hasn't hurt herself." I said.

"I'm sure she wouldn't do that." Liam said, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. Before I knew it we were at Kaelin's and running to the door. "Kaelin honey, open up." Liam said. "Kaelin-" I twisted the door knob and the door sung open.

We looked inside and what we saw was dreadful. Broken vases, the couch was torn apart, just shit everywhere. I went straight for her room while Liam checked to see if any other windows or doors were unlocked or open. I searched every inch of her room and nothing. I check her moms rooms and got the same results.

I was so close to giving up when I heard a faint cry from the bathroom down the hall. Me and Liam ran down the hall. "Kaelin. Are you in there?" Liam called trying to open the door; locked.

"Go away Liam." She sounded so fragile, so hurt, so.....broken.

"No I will not go away." Liam scolded. "Now open this damn door!" I wanted to slap him but I couldn't move or talk. It's like I'm drowning and I don't know why. Soon the door flung open to revel Kaelin on the ground crying. Me and Liam knelt to her side. She was covering up her arms and her thighs so only one can think if what's he did.

"Hi Kaelin." Was all I could finally say. Liam looked at me then pulled away one of her wrists. Cuts. Long, deep, and still bleeding.

"Kaelin, why did you do this?" Liam said, as calm as he could.

"No of you would understand." She croaked. "No one does."

"I'll understand." Liam argued. "I always will."

"It just hit me Liam." She finally said. "My family's falling apart. My parents are divorced. My only sibling lives across the ocean. My mom goes out every night to get drunk and slut around." Hearing her speak made me wanna cry. I shot up and walked out. I let my long figure slide down the hall wall. Once I hit the ground it all fell. Tears. I couldn't see her likes this.

She needed to get away from it, but now that it's done I don't know if I save her.

_________________________________________________