40: It's Not a Date!

Zoe is the only person I told that Nathan's taking me out. I told her on Monday and she nearly accidentally told Dylan, Zack and Harry which wouldn't have been good.

It's after rehearsals on Thursday and I'm already nervous for tomorrow; I can't stop the butterflies that are doing laps in any direction that they can in my stomach.

"We need to get your outfit ready for your date tomorrow" Zoe grins, as soon as she shuts the door to our room.

"For the last time; it's not a date!" I don't think it's a date anyway.

"Oh we both know that it's a date" Zoe grins, as she opens the doors to my wardrobe; she inspects the clothes quickly before turning back to me; "So where are you going?"

"I don't know; he hasn't told me" I shrug, as I sit down on my bed; I've worked too hard today to start fussing with clothes.

"Text him" Zoe demands; I know she's only trying to help, but I'm tired.

"I have; he said to wait and see" I answer. 

"Let me try" She grabs my phone that was on the bed next to me and starts clicking buttons before holding the phone up to her ear.

"Hi Nath, its Zoe I was just wondering where you're taking Lindsey tomorrow?" She says into the phone; she looks at me as he talks and then laughs slightly, "No, she hasn't told me to do this and you aren't on speaker"

I watch and listen, as Zoe speaks to Nathan over the phone. I don't like going days/weeks without seeing him.

"At least tell me what she should wear" Zoe says; she then nods to what I'm guessing is Nathan telling her about what I should wear; "That doesn't help, but thank you" She then pauses again, as he must be talking, "Alright, bye"

"I have an idea" She grins, as she starts to rummage through my wardrobe again.

"I never knew you were into fashion" I say, as I watch her go through the clothes in my wardrobe.

"I want to help you make on impression because you like him"; Zoe says; not looking away from my wardrobe.

"What?" Her bluntness catches me off guard.

"You like him" Zoe repeats; "It's not a big deal; I really hope you get together because you'd be cute and it's obvious that he cares about you"

"Can we not talk about this?" I ask as I feel myself blushing.

"Fine" Zoe replies, "You have some really nice things it's a god job that we're deciding now because there won't be any time tomorrow"

"What type of thing do you think I should wear?" I ask, as Zoe pushes numerous coat hangers across the rail.

"A dress because your body is amazing and showing a little leg never hurt anybody" Zoe answers with a little laugh; finally stopping to look at a dress.

We end up with a shortlist of three dresses for me to try on.

"Now time for an 80's montage" Zoe laughs, as she hands me the first dress.

I go into the bathroom to change, and I take in my appearance in the mirror. It's not a full body mirror, but I aren't feeling it.

"What do you think?" I ask, as I open the door.

She watches me for a minute, "Put a leather jacket on, and it'll be gorgeous"

I frown slightly, as I look in the mirror, "No, not this one"

It's not me, I'm not one for tight dresses like this one. I only have it because the brand gifted it to me.

"Round two" I mutter to myself, as I shut myself in the bathroom with the second dress. This one is a little better, as it isn't as tight. It's black and goes to my mid thigh.