11: It's Nice to Meet All of You

"It's nice to see you too" I smile, pulling out of the hug that my mum is holding me captive in.

"I'm sorry" She laughs lightly, letting me out of the hug.

I grab hold of my suitcase and drag it into the house, with no help from my mum, whatsoever. It's quite late now, the sun has set and all of the street lights have turned on, so I just assume that most of my family are bed considering that some of them are quite young.

"Is everyone in bed?" I ask, letting go of the suitcase handle and pushing it down.

"I think so" My mum answers walking into the living room, not even turning the lights on.

"Mum?" I question following her into the room and flicking the light on.

"SURPRISE" A group of my family shout, as soon as I turn the light on. The room has been decorated with banners hanging from the walls, balloons of all different colours are all over the floor. The coffee table has multiple bowls of different types of food; like a mini buffet.

"You didn't have to go through so much trouble for me" I smile, taking in the appearance of the room.

"We did" Danny says, flinging his arm around my shoulder. Then the music comes on courtesy of my sister Alice.

"Hey Linds" My cousin grins, pushing her red hair out of her face with her hands.

"Hey Luce" I smile, Danny removes his arm and goes and talks to another family member.

"How was the trip?" She asks.

"It was good" I answer.

"Anyone there take your fancy?" She asks, with a smirk. I know exactly what she means.

"Luce!" I exclaim, sending her into fits of laughter.

"I'm happy with Kyle anyway" She smiles, gesturing to a boy that is in deep conversation with Danny. 

Kyle and Luce have been in a relationship for as long as I can remember, they dated all through high school and I love the fact that they are still together now.

"Get married!" I joke, making her laugh.

"Not yet" She winks, we both start laughing at her comment.

"How's work going?" I ask, knowing that she's been working hard for years now trying to make a name for herself in the fashion industry.

"Brilliant!" She exclaims "I've got my own boutique, it's in the high street and it will be finished this time next week!" 

"That's great news!" I smile, happy for her.

* * *

A couple of weeks pass and the show has been aired, it's the Monday after the judges houses results were shown yesterday. I had to sit and watch with most of my family.

It was strange to watch something and for it to have me on it. Saturday night television is now going to have me in it, unless I get voted out. It's also strange to see the edited version, as what was a few days to us was a couple of minutes footage for them.

Over the past couple of weeks I had been speaking to Harry, Jade, Ginger, Poppy and Zoe. Jade told me all about her girl group and the other three members, where as the others just spoke to me about anything and everything.

For my last day at home my friend James decided to take me to Alton Towers. I even got noticed a few times which was very strange. At the end of the day James' dad dropped us off at home.

I never had many friends in high school, in fact I'd say James was my only true friend. 

"Thank you" I say to James' dad, as I get out of his car. "Bye James"