• C H A P T E R 12 | THIS GAVE ME MORE QUESTIONS INSTEAD OF ANSWERS •

A/N: Hey guys, happy new year, here's a disgusting chapter.

  ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶ ➴  

Karen's perspective

It was dark, cold, and quiet.

Light shone little by little. The place was glowing and darkness bled out. 

I couldn't make out what the place was, It was like I said, dark, cold and quiet, and maybe damp too. There was indistinct noise. And also some creepy, loathing and mucous veins on the ground. It was disgusting, like some Kraken's tentacles, or Snail residue.

Disgusting.

I stayed completely where I stood. I'm not gonna move because I don't think I could, and also, I don't want any part of me to touch these filthy veins or whatever.

"So that's it? I'm just gonna stand here?" My brain asked. If you think about it, It is kinda stupid. And not exploring this disgusting mess? That's not me. So I thought, "Why not?".

I started to walk, This place is completely repugnant. Everywhere I'd step, there would be slime on my leathered boots, sticking out of the way like goo. And every time I'd take another step, I fear that I may lose balance because of the roots and that the slime and my boots may have a strong attachment that I wouldn't be able to move anymore. 

This place perplexes me. Very much.

But again, I continued to walk. "What could Trystann be doing now?" I said to my empty feeling, talking to myself. "Could he maybe be doing some more work? Or just waiting for me. Wait, waiting for me?" I stopped, wondering where I got that from and what is this thing coming to my mind. 

" Yeah, waiting for me cause we both came to this despairful place right? Both at the same time. Right? We slept right while holding hands, and- and we went through the claustrophobic room together the place where I was tied up next to a snake, where I saw a hologram of him and where I couldn't understand how I held my breath for that long in the-" 

I stuttered not being able to remember what was next, what was next?

 "The ocean! The deep deep ocean, where I should've exploded to death due to the water pressure" I remembered.

There was a long awkward moment of silence. What is this I'm saying right now? What is this I'm remembering? And- and why just now? And how? How is it that I remember this?  

Confusion, Delusion, is that what's on your mind? Well, maybe its a key to the past you shall find. 

 I remembered from the golden etchings from the bottom of the enormous mirror.

What does this even mean at all? does that even mean anything? Confusion? Delusion? I- I don't get it.

I'm sure that was a message. Why would there be a huge mirror there anyway? And why would there be those words etched there? Even though I don't understand any of this poem or message, even though it's driving me to the swirling depths of delusions, I still believe. That those words mean something, and why the hell did I have to touch it.

Sometimes you just gotta be so stupid right? 

So I continued to flash the message on my mind, again and again, while I walked through this again, disgusting place.