• C H A P T E R 5 | DELUSIONS? GOT MORE OF WHERE THAT CAME FROM•

Karen's perspective

"Ringggg" my alarm dazzled out, I hit it quickly with my palms, then turned around to the other side of my bed.

I opened my eyes up to the rays of sun flashing through it making me dizzy like I just time traveled or entered a different dimension.

I turned to open the window that was nearest to my bed. I could smell the soil and fresh leaves. I got used to knowing that I was awake when I heard the hum.

You know the hum right? You'd know it unless you've lived your whole life underground or in a cave or maybe if you're an alien, which all ends up pointing out that if that was true, you wouldn't be reading this right now. So you do know the hum.

I loved hearing the hum since I was little, it made me feel a bit more humane than I ever felt, it even made me love mornings. Mornings had a different definition for me, mornings for me had the first-time-of-the-day-you-hear-the-hum meaning.

The hum, that wonderful sound. I remember that when I was a third grader, our teacher asked us to make a poem about something we loved, my classmates wrote about their toys, food, their parents, friends, whatsoever, but I wrote about the hum, even thought hey didn't get what I meant when I said hum.

When I was young, I grew up in an orphanage where there were indistinct talking, car noise, kids running, church songs, that was the hum for me before. But now, the hum was more like leaves rustling, birds singing, and some twigs snapping.

Maybe that was just because of the mini forest in my backyard for the new kids. New kids like the ones who are going to grow up in the orphanage I grew up in. They come with the nuns, the ones who took care of us when we ourselves couldn't. They spent some time in my house, playing, listening to church songs, talking with me, I got attached to them so much that a month without them visiting was fascinating. I spend half of my monthly income to charities, sometimes I think of it as paying back, of giving back what I received before.

Even though the hum changed, it was and it will always be the hum.

I turned around from my window while my eyes were still a bit closed, I admit I still want to sleep. I took my left foot for a first step, so confident, too much that I didn't notice that I was stepping on something round, well I did notice it, but only when I lost balance.

DUSH

"Awww," I said, slowly getting back to my bed with my left arm rubbing on my head. It still hurts though.

"Carlaaaaaa" I called on. I think I sprained my ankle or whatever. Carla helped me get my ankle back to normal, she said it wasn't sprained. Then she asked me what happened (what a questionative maid) I told her that I stepped on a round thing.

I wondered what that round thing was. We looked for it, around my bedroom, we didn't see any round thing that I could have possibly stepped on, well what did I step on then?

In fact, we didn't see any round thing that was on the floor, what am I just lying about it? I mean like I wouldn't wanna cause body pain anymore.

  ➴➶➴ ➶➴ ➶  

I dressed up with a cozy little crop top, jeans, and a jacket.