• C H A P T E R 11 | WHAT THE HELL DID I DO NOW ? •

Karen's perspective

Dead? I'm not dead, am I?

My name isn't Moirai, guess it's for someone else? But why write some note welcoming someone who is dead? The sensation of cold hit my arms, I was shocked as it made my toes clench, perhaps I'm not used to this.

I'm not dead because if I was, I wouldn't even be able to narrate this right now, I wouldn't be able to think, or breath, or let my heart beat.

Is it beating?

A voice entered into my thoughts.

I placed my palm on my chest checking for a heartbeat.

There was no heartbeat.

But I'm here, I'm alive.

Okay, let's just get over the fact that I'm dead-not-dead, okay?

Its cold and Im barefoot, Im dressed in white cloth pinned together like its gonna fall off anytime, where am I?

The cloth was soft and smelled like white roses with gas. The air smelled like gas too, is there any chance that they wanna burn me to death?

I looked up at the ceiling, whereas I didn't see any, all I saw was the sky, it was dark blue or pale purple.

I'm not dead, every physical sensation is present, from my cold goose-bumped skin to the gas that keeps entering my nose, even my weight, everything feels real, completely real, but unusual.

Steam rose from the floor going above me creating a mist, I saw particles of the smoke moving through, forming a picture, or an act.

One word, CURIOSITY.

I wanted to see what it was forming, I wanted to see what it is, because right now, everything has a meaning.

So I kinda dipped my head into the mist. The picture formed clearly.

"Oceanus, you don't want to do this."

I heard from a high accented voice, a girls voice.

I viewed the place, it was the same as mine, orange sand like gas like floor, smells like gas, no ceiling, and with a lot of furniture.

"Nothing depends on what I want Urania"

I heard the voices constantly, but I couldn't see where it came from .

Water splashes, dripping.

Where I was stepping on was a puddle of water above the orange gas like floor.

"This could be fixed, I- I- I know we can stop this, stop him."

I saw light from a corner and approached it, there were shelves of jars with undefinable things inside, some look like colored smoke, wisp, blood, and hair.

The voices increased as I continued to walk inside.

"Why don't you just admit it?"