• C H A P T E R 4 | THIS IS SUCH A BORING CHAPTER YOU DONT NEED •

Karen's perspective.

"Karen, Karen!" a voice called. I felt someone shaking me, repeatedly, trying to wake me up. I didn't mind it because I was too sleepy.

"KAREN!" a voice screamed. I got to my senses quickly. I felt that my surroundings were so hot, I was all sweaty and my eyes were flakey, I was palpitating, smothering, and shaking. As soon as I opened my eyes I saw Rian, she pulled me upwards to sit down and handed me water and a towel.

I'm in my bed, my bed? No Rian's bed, wait where did she sleep? Not Rian's bed. The bed. Whoever's bed it is. I don't remember getting into her house, nor climbing up the stairs, I remember I slept in the camp tent with her and Doritos next to me. But we assured that the tent was big enough for a claustrophobic person like me, The tent was for ten persons, and we were just two inside. I don't remember having a hard time to breath. No. But why is it attacking me again?

I winced and shuffled aside. My facial muscles were twitching around the edges of my eyes.

➴➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

She drove me to my psychologist. I was starving, the only thing I ate since I woke up was a pair of soft cookies in the car. I was awake now, but the dizzy and faint feeling never left me.

I suppose I really needed to visit my psychologist.

All these stuff that's going in the way, imagining pastry shops, dreaming of falling ceilings, having outrageous anxiety attacks.

We arrived at the building, she pulled over. We waited there for a bit

I felt a bit smothered by the thought, even though I did kinda feel better.

I looked at Rian, she seemed troubled, she said,

"Well how are you gonna get to your psychologist's office when you're too faint to climb stairs and you can't go inside an elevator 'cause you're" she stopped a bit "you're claustrophobic"

"Oh shush, my psychologist, is on the first floor, in consideration to people like me," I told her. Finally, she looked fine.

We entered the building, Rian held my hand from behind. Thank God she's here for me.

I was still a bit faint. I kept trying to remember my dream. Why was it like that? I really don't understand what it means. Really.

She opened the door for me. We went inside. The smell of the office sends me back some memories when I first visited here, and the last time with Trystann. I closed my eyes while I was still smelling the scent of the room. It made me remember stuff about him which made me feel like I wanna be with him again. I mean he's been texting every day, it's just that... I don't reply.

"Oh, Ms. Carterson! Good to see you here again. What brought you here?" Dr.Jewel smiled.

"Uh, she's not quite feeling well Dr..." Rian said warmly.

Dr. Jewel stood up, "Jewel, Dr.Jewel dear" she told Rian.

She let me lie down while we talked, I told her about everything. The dream was the first thing of course, how could I forget that.

"Although you could have been somewhat imagining stuff, the question is why? Have you been oversleeping?"

"I suppose? I had fourteen hours the other day" I replied. I never thought of it that way though, I just thought I was tired but fourteen hours is a bit too long.

"Yes and she slept eleven hours last night, thought you would wake up when Zach carried you upstairs" Rian added. Wait what? Zach? Oh no.

"Wait, Zach carried me upstairs?" I asked her looking disturbed, well actually I am somehow. It's not every day the guy you just dumped two months ago carries you upstairs. Although it's not that weird for him to be there 'cause he's Rian's brother. Oh still.

"Yeah you slept on his bed, but he wasn't there, he left when he knew that you were gonna sleep on his bed, didn't you notice?" she asked innocently. So it wasn't Rian's bed after all, gosh. Okay, this makes my conscience worse.

"Okay, first of all, I did not want that to happen, and why is it that I'm the last one to know this?" I asked her, this isn't kinda good. I didn't want to see him anymore, 'cause I dumped him, I didn't want to but I didn't want to make him feel like I like him either.

But it's not my fault. I told myself, 'cause I do like him, yeah, but not that much as he expects me to. I just 'like' him like Rian does, like my brother, but that doesn't work. Although he is kinda cute.

"I couldn't carry you upstairs, you were getting sweaty at the tent" Rian replied to me. Okay first of all, why, second, why, and third, WHY?

"Honey I'm sure that's alright, we have to finish this now," Dr. jewel told me. So we proceeded. She was a bit confused with my explanations because when I remember those times I go faint and all. "All you need is some more rest, less stress, maybe exact sleep, and some of these" she finished writing then slid the piece of paper to my right, it says 'medications, take three a day blah blah'. She clicked her pen and pulled a small drawer open and dropped the pen there.

➴➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

I remembered that I wanted to talk with Trystann and my conscience is getting worse than ever. Attacking me from the insides.

So I texted him.

"Trystann?" I texted. Just that warm 'cause I didn't want to make him think that I was still comfortable so he would consider some stuff, you know, psychology.

"Yeah?" He replied asking. Were talking again. Its just been a day but it seemed like years.

"About tomorrow, are we gonna go straight to Mnemosyne's Engineering?" I asked him. I knew the answer, but this is how I start a conversation, usually.

"Nope, not yet" he replied. It came to my mind that his answer was a bit confusing, just another way to continue the conversation.

"Huh?" I replied.

"Artimetryletic first" he replied. It seemed like he wasn't in the mood to talk. I felt it. So ai ended the conversation.

"Oh okay. Thanks" I replied to him. I still wanted to talk but I never wanted to look desperate, id he doesn't want to then he doesn't, just that.

"We're gonna go to Artimetryletic then we'll drive to Mnemosyne's Engineering" He replied to me not minding the conversation ended I sent.

"You're being repetitive again Trystann, say it again" I kidded at him. I laughed.

Our texting went on and on until we reached his favorite topic. Comic book heroes.

"I like Green Lantern, but isn't it a bit stupid that he can be defeated by the color yellow?" He texted. Yup, he likes evaluating them. He even counts heroes and their weaknesses to get sleepy. He isn't that normal.

"Only the modern Green Lantern is vulnerable to yellow. Golden Age Green Lantern was vulnerable to wood." I told him. Wait. Wow. How do I even know these? Oh my god.

"Great. So does that mean I can take them both out with a number 2 pencil?"