• C H A P T E R 7 | PAIN COMES AND GOES. WHAT A PERFECT THING TO SAY •

Karen's perspective

Don't move, you're awake I kept telling myself. I was too worried. I don't wanna fail. I never did. I never even did want to do this.

Every time I feel sleepy, I feel scared too, I can't sleep or Ill fail, and even though I've already got out of my sleepiness, I'm still afraid of anything that could happen. Anytime. So I just lie to myself, just to keep calm. Shhhh, its okay now Karen, you're awake, its okay now.

I guess I've thought of moving and giving up many times, but I'm still here. I tried to feel my arms, my wrist, still attached to the other metal bracelet, my hand, still holding Trystann's.

I remembered what Trystann told me. He's next to me, right next to me, and whenever I feel scared, or afraid, I just remember what he said.

It makes me feel better.

Ouch! Something bit my leg. I was about to move when I remembered what he told me. Gosh. I almost got paralyzed.

My leg was paining, I wanted to tell it to Trystann, but I couldn't move. I felt him beside me, he's so used to this.

A few moments later a bright light entered unto my sight, even though my eyelids are closed, it just seemed like I woke up at the sun. My eyes opened on itself. I'm sitting down on a pile of gigantic rocks, what am I doing here?

I searched the place, it was empty, just a place full of rocks and trees, there was someone near me, holding a camera.

"Smile," he told me, as soon as I turned my head he snapped the photo. I couldn't see his face, the guy was weird looking, unusual looking, but I couldn't make out who he was 'cause his face was blurry.

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't get down the rock either, I felt trapped like I'm gonna bleed to death if I move because of Ill fall.

You're awake Karen. The voice told me. Now I'm ready to listen to it. I knew that it was trying to wake my senses.

I remembered the reason why I was here. I gotta stop dreaming. No this is enough.

Have you ever felt like you've made the worst choice you've ever done? Well, I'm feeling that right now. It damages me 'cause I remember what Dumbledore said (yeah right Harry Potter)

'It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities'

Well maybe that's it, maybe that's what damages me the most. Now. I believe that choices are truly damaging.

Hear this, if you had to make a choice unto yourself, and you never knew which one you should pick, 'cause maybe you hate them both, or on the brighter side, you like them both.

You didn't want to choose between the two, but you gotta make a decision, but you don't want to 'cause you know that deep inside you, not making a decision is a big decision.

And making or not making one will both damage you. So you don't know what to do. You wanted to give up but you can't. Why? 'Cause you still gotta make a choice.

So you just choose randomly, and you chose the wrong one, you get damaged, you get worse, what else could go wrong? It's you have to make another decision.