• C H A P T E R 1 | WHAT A STRANGE PASTRY SHOP •

A/N: I dedicate this chapter to Micah Esporlas, the one who heard this first.

➶➴ ➶➴ ➶ ➴

Karen's perspective

"So this over here is twenty-eight inches by ten which is asymmetrical to each other of course" I state pointing at the model of the second Artimetryletic building on my desk, looking up at him. His eyes are beautiful, ocean blue with sparkling irises which. He glanced at me, then suddenly his face split into a wide handsome smile and nodded a little.

 He glanced at me, then suddenly his face split into a wide handsome smile and nodded a little

"Then over here we've got points which creates a space. Some of these are coplanar and others are not ..." I said briskly. He turned his head and smiled again to me as I removed my finger from the model.

"Tell me what a 'space' is Ms.Carterson" he questioned while raising his left sleeky eyebrow. I find it cute actually because when he makes funny moments like these, his ears turn red like strawberry cheesecakes.

"A 'space' is the set of all points Mr. Westfield," I said boastfully, flicking an eyebrow, Well I win again! I said to him in expression. "And if somehow you've planned to ask me what are coplanar and non-coplanar points, coplanar points are points that lie on the same plane, and if one doesn't then that's what we call non-coplanar" I extended.

"Clever" he replied. He sat a little bit closer to me, I could feel his warmth, and his scent, he often smells grand, I mean he always does.

" I've learned that in 8th grade" I sniggered at him. He giggled a bit.

"Well, I already know it now" He giggled at me. I like weird moments like this, which makes me remember the time I first met him. He was the engineer I hired for the first building of Artimetryletic and now we're here. Precious.

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

"Mmmm," he looked so hungry "I love the food here, seriously," He said putting all the eleven packs of additional bacon he just ordered at the counter in his pasta ( I know he's a weirdo). I wiped my mouth with a napkin and drank some marmalade.

"You're just hungry" I smirked, like the here-we-go-again smirk.

"Should I drive you home? Or should we call your driver?" he asked. I separated the olives from my dish trying to ignore his question.

"I'm a strong and independent woman Trystann," I said proudly. He took my bag and billed out leaving me with his red paper bag.

"Hey uh, Trystann, your paper bag" I ran to him to catch up at his walk. Then looked at me and chortled a bit.

"That's yours. I bought it for you. But If you don't want it I can- give it to my sister" he teased smiling at me looking suspicious.