25.

Zion

Uriah looks to me with a smirk and laughs. I narrow my eyes on him, "You didn't have to be so protective back there, Z. Clementine is too...precious for me to even think about doing anything. Why would someone ruin something so clean, ya know?" He says rhetorically as we watch the girl twirls around playfully.

The girls hyping her up for the outfit she chose today.

"Are you planning on ruining her?" He asks eyeing me up and down. Knowing that's what I use to do.

I shook my head, "No, the whole school would try and kill me." I said leaning for a joke but my voice always comes out flat. Uriah laughs though, "Probably, man. Even though she has such bad memory and can barely memorize peoples names. People adore her." I didn't have close friends, I never have.

But when I look to Clementine I see a best friend and a girl I need to be by my side for as long as I can see.

I crack a smile as she does a goofy dance, flaring her arms around. Nyah and her friends laughing and mocking her.

"Yeah she's...something else." Uriah looks up at me. "So where you gonna take her out to?" My eyes widened. "Fuck."

"Baby, me and Uriah are gonna hang. But come to my football practice yeah?" She narrowed her eyes at me. "How would that benefit me?" She asks halfheartedly. I laughed coolly but inside I was flipping out. "Because you can see how sexy and great your b-" I stop, we weren't even that yet. Fuck I can't wait until we were though, and than after that-her face tinted.

"Okay, okay. You owe me." I smirk, leaning down. "I can arrange that." She mewls as I nibble on her soft skin.

"You're a weirdo." She tells me shaking her head, I kiss her cheeks. "I'll see you." Uriah waves bye and Clem waves back smiling.

"She's going to murder you. Football seasons over." Uriah says shaking his head. "How else was I supposed to get us time?!" I burst out and he shrugs. "Maybe let her go home...and we stay and talk about what the fuck you can do for a first date." I pause, running a hand over my face. "Shit. Why didn't you tell me earlier you piece of shit." Uriah flips me off. "Fuck you, Zion it's common sense."

I was pleasantly surprised. And kinda happy that Uriah didn't pussy away from talking back to me like people usually do.

"Anyways text her." I pull out my phone and click onto clementines contact, which was just a picture of her sleep and her initials.

"You're corny." Uriah snorts as he sees the contact information. I glare at him, "Fuck off." I say as I begin typing. "Hi babe." Uriah mocks bursting out laughing. I grunt and quickly erase it.

No need to wait for me practice was canceled.
Okay! No problem, want me to wait for you?
No no baby it's fine, I have to pick up the kids anyway.
Okay...be careful driving home tell the kids I miss them! And tell Zeppelin I said hi.
Xxx

I punch Uriah as he starts reading what I wrote last bursting into a fit of hysterics. "Dude..that was-very sweet." He chokes out. "Whatever, she deserves cheesy." He laughs softly. "Touché."

Uriah and I look through all the date ideas we've got through google. We scroll through the website. "This is too fucking...much." I said, it was too cringe.