Fun Morning, Not So Fun Afternoon

"You look much better that way." I say to Andy as he walks out of his room. His hair is back to normal, and he's wearing his normal plaid flannel shirt with jeans. It's morning and Andy is supposed to go get the boys from Dylan's in an hour, around 9. Currently I am sitting in my room, reading my Bible, like I do everyday around this time.

"I like this much better. Is Lily up yet?"

"No, it is a three day weekend off of school, she's sleeping in."

"What about Gwenn, is she up?"

"She's downstairs watching some cartoons. I was just about to start breakfast, but since you're up....."

"French toast or pancakes?"

"French toast." I give Andy one of my goofy grins to show how much I appreciate it.

"This house is too quiet for this time of the morning, why don't you crank up some tunes while I get started on breakfast."

"What about Lily?"

"If she wakes up, she wakes up." Andy shrugs and walks downstairs. I go over to the media room which has the control station for the PA system we had installed in the house. We don't use it very often, except to play music. It's connected to the computer and I pull up Pandora and find it already on the Christian music station, instead of the bluegrass gospel station Andy had it on yesterday. I turn on the volume so it can be heard throughout the house. Andy always turns it up too loudly, so I'm glad I get to control it this morning. We don't need to wake up the whole neighborhood, even though most of it is already awake at this time.

As I make my way down to the kitchen to set the breakfast nook for breakfast, one of my favorite songs comes on, "I'm Not Ashamed" by the Newsboys. I can't help, but sing along. I can hear Andy doing the same thing from in the kitchen.

"I'm not ashamed to let you know

I want this light in me to show.

I'm not ashamed

to speak the name of Jesus Christ.

What are we sneaking around for?

Who are we trying to please?

Shrugging off sin,

apologizing like we're spreading

some kind of disease.

I'm saying, "No way. No way."

I'm not ashamed to let you know

I want this light in me to show.

I'm not ashamed

to speak the name of Jesus Christ.

 This one warms it's lost cause

- save your testimonies for churchtime.

The other ones state you'd better wait

until you do a little market research.

I'm saying, "No way. No way."

I'm not ashamed to let you know

I want this light in me to show.

I'm not ashamed

to speak the name of Jesus Christ."

                                                  **********************************************

"Who turned the music up so loudly" A sleepy Lily asks as she walks into the kitchen.

"Sorry for waking you Lily, the house was just too quiet for us." I say.