My Date With Danny....And Dylan

It's quarter-till 7 and I'm not nearly ready for my date with Danny. My hair is a mess, my clothes don't seem to be fitting like I want them to. I don't even know where we are going. Danny hinted about going to the café and he's also talked about going to the park. "Should I bring my sweater just in case, or would it be better to wear a jacket instead." I ask myself aloud.

"I have just the perfect thing." Gwenn, who has been helping me get ready, says and runs out my bedroom door. She comes back in with a green jacket, the jacket I gave Dylan back yesterday.

"Where did you get this?"

"Dylan gave it to me. He told me to hold on to it for you."

"Oh, he did, did he?"

"Yes. You better hurry, Danny's already downstairs."

"Okay. Um... hand me that jacket, it'll go well enough." I take Dylan's jacket from Gwenn and go downstairs.

"Ready to go?" Danny asks.

"Yep." Andy eyes the jacket suspiciously, but doesn't comment on it. "Where are we going? I asks once in Danny's car.

"I thought we would go to the cafe. Is that alright? We could go someplace else." Danny rambles.

"The cafe is fine Danny. Why are you so nervous? It's only a date."

"I've never been on a date with a gal like you before."

"Is that a good thing or bad thing?"

"Good thing. All the other women I've been out with before weren't so... awesome as you."

"Thanks Danny."

"I like your jacket. I didn't know you had that one."

"It's a friends. I'm just borrowing it for a while."

"Well it looks nice on you." I blush.

                                                  **********************************************

We arrive and sit at the table furthest from the door.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Mira, our waitress, asks.

"We're on a date." Danny says and smiles at his sister.

"Took the two of you long enough. We're kind of busy tonight, no time for small talk. What can I get for you?" Mira says.

"You choose for us." I say.

"Alright. It will be out shortly. You best fill me in on the details later Meli."

"Goodbye Mira." Danny says and she leaves.

"So....."I say.

"So........" Danny says.

"Here we are....on our first date."

"Yep." Mira beckons Danny over to her and he gets up to talk to her. They talk for a couple of minute before Danny comes back.

"What did she want?" I ask.

"It's nothing. Just Mira being Mira. So how has your day been?"

"Pretty good. Nothing too special until now."

"That's good. I had to go bail Lily out for Mira with her principal again. This is the third time this week."

"What was it this time?"

"She had her phone out in class."

"What's so wrong with that? I thought they could use their phones in class."