Chapter 39

*Mars' POV*

          I felt happy to be back at school. I just wish my arms would stop throbbing. What I did to myself is something I don't regret because deep down I know I deserve it. But if only it didn't hurt so much.

          Right now, it was lunch and currently I'm in line with Hazel. Melanie and Kyle are in front of us. "So how's everything at home?" I ask her. "It's alright. Everyone's some what okay." She said a bit sad.

          I knew what was wrong because she told me at the party. "How's Sabrina?" I ask trying to make her happy. "She's good. Her and Delilah are really good friends." She nodded.

          "That's good. I guess when Delilah can go to school they can get closer." I suggest. "Yeah." She smiled.

          "Maybe all of our siblings can become friends." I smile. "That would be weird." She laughed.

          "Yeah. Delilah, Sabrina, Bryan's sister, Grant's brother and Andrew's brother are all the same age surprisingly. But I think Ryan's twin siblings are a grade below. But currently they all go to the same school. So they might be familiar with each other." I rambled.

          "So everyone would be a big group." She smiles. "Yeah. Bryan's sister, Alexis, Grant's brother, Matthew, Ryan's siblings, Nathan and Nicole, Andrew's brother, Tyler and Sabrina and Delilah." I recite saying our siblings names.

          "Alexis, Matthew, Nathan, Nicole, Tyler, Sabrina, and Delilah. That's awesome!" Hazel laughs.

          I see her eyes follow to my sleeve and I casually move my arm to where my sleeve would cover the tape more. She gave me a look. "We're next in line." I say covering up whatever she was thinking.

          We got back to the table and we all sat down. I sat next to Bryan on the end of the table.

          "Okay, guys. Mars and I were talking and he told me that the majority of our siblings are the same age. It would be weird if they all became friends." Hazel babbled. "They should!" Andrew gasped. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

Unknown: Why hang out with people who don't care about you when you can hang in darkness like you deserve.

          I looked at the text. I stared at it. Hoping that I could burn the person who keeps saying this.

          Why do they keep texting me. Just because they don't have respect for themselves doesn't mean they can be disrespectful to me. If anything they should go burn in

          "Mars!" I jumped at Bryan shaking my shoulder. "What?!" I ask looking around. They were staring at me like they've just seen a puppy get run over by a 16-wheeler. Twice!

          "Are you okay?" Bryan asked. "Uh, yeah..." I say putting my phone in my pocket. "You looked so upset and it looked like you wanted to cry. What's wrong?" Ryan asked. "Nothing." I sat looking down at my food.

I'm not hungry.

          Bryan then held my shoulder and tried to whisper something "Mars, was it—" "No. Bryan. It wasn't. They stopped." I snap cutting him off.

          "Who stopped?" Melanie asked. "What is he talking about?" Grant asked at the same time. "Nothing." I shake my head. "You have to tell them." Bryan urged. "Why should I huh?" I asked irritated. "Because they're here for you and so am I. We're not gonna leave you!" Bryan said firmly.

          "What is going on?" Andrew asked. "Fine then. I'll tell them but I'm sure not gonna tell them here." I said grabbing my red backpack and going inside the school. I could see everyone else get up also.

          On the way inside I could see kids staring and whispering. That only made me want to leave faster.

          I got to my locker and sat down with my knees to my chest and my face resting on them.

I can do this.

          I began shaking and crying to the thought of what they'll think. "Mars. What's going on?" Hazel asked standing in front of me. I shook my head no.

          "I have to tell you guys something. I said looking up at them. Bryan sat down next to me. "It'll be fine." He said rubbing my back.

          Everyone sat down in a circle. "As you guys know I haven't been to school. After Daniela's party everything got worse." I sniffed.

          "I was in the car on Monday and an unknown number texted me. They said they knew how I felt. Sad, excluded, and unwanted. And I think- I think they're right. I do feel this way sometimes, so I thought I could trust them." I went on.

          "Then the next minute they were using those words against me. They told me I was all of those things. So I went to school to try to forget about it. I stayed under the radar. I didn't talk to you guys because I felt you didn't need or want me.

         "So I sat in the back of my classes to stay hidden. But still throughout the day they kept texting me and saying stuff I knew was true." I started to cry more.

            "Then I couldn't take it any longer so I went to science and grabbed a knife and went to the boy's bathroom and locked the door. I remembered everything they said and I hurt myself 7 times.

         "Each one was something I felt I deserved. Then when I was done I wrapped my arm so I wouldn't bleed everywhere and put everything back in my backpack and waited for class." I said trying to stop myself from crying.

          "Oh my gosh...." Andrew said covering his mouth. I looked around. All of their eyes were watery. I could feel mine water too.

          "Mars, I might be new to this group but I know that no one here will abandon you. You can tell us anything." Melanie assured. Hazel crawled and sat beside me and laid her head on my shoulder.

          "We're your friends and nothing is going to change. Got that?" She asked looking up. I nodded my head and smiled. "I love you guys." Hazel smiled laying her head back on my shoulder. "We love you too." I said.

          For the rest of lunch we stayed there and talked about our lives after high school. Everyone seemed to have their life planned out. I can't imagine what I would do without them.