Chapter 32

*Delilah's POV*

I feel confused. I held Brown Sugar tighter. Mars just said he needed to clear his head. But what does he mean by that?

I was in the car with Adrianna and Mars. They were talking but I think they thought I was sleep. Mars was saying stuff about clearing his head then they both poured their hearts out to each other then Mars left. Out the car and he began walking, leaving Adrianna and I.

Will he come back?

"Is Mars coming back?" I asked not able to hold back my curiosity. Adrianna's head turned to me. Even in the dark I could see her look of confusion. "Yeah, he'll be back." She nodded. "Okay." I said. "Do you wanna go to Sabrina's house later?" Adrianna asked. My head shot up. "Yeah!" I said smiling.

I started thinking about what I would wear. Ever time I was around Sabrina I felt I needed to look my best. So I planned ahead.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was around 12:00 pm and through the whole day I was excited. I wore a white shirt with denim jeans and black converse with a gray beanie I got from Mars' bag.

We walked up to the door and Adrianna knocked. "Hey girls." Terrence said opening the door. When he saw Adrianna his smile got bigger.

"Hi Terrence is Sabrina home?" Adrianna asked smiling back. "Um, yeah. I'll go get her." Terrence said. "But come in." He lead us to the living room.

He went down the hall to Sabrina's room. In a matter of seconds Sabrina came running out into the hall. She stood their with a grin on her face then she ran and hugged me and I hugged her back.

"I didn't know you were coming!" Sabrina smiled. "Surprise. Surprise!" I laughed. "So, If you want you can stay here." Terence turned to Adrianna. "Yeah. That'd be cool." Adrianna smiled. Sabrina and I laughed under our breathes and she lead me to her room.

We walked in and she had a game set up. It was a board game with colorful ponds on it and in the middle is said 'Sorry'.

"What game is this?" I asked as she sat down next to the game. "It's called Sorry. I'll teach you how to play." Sabrina smiled patting the space next to her. I sat down next to her and she taught me how to play.

I understood the game but I couldn't concentrate. I don't know what it was but something attracted me to Sabrina.

Her brown eyes were pretty and her smile was so bright. And her lips.... Stop Delilah! What is wrong with you. Why am I thinking of her like this?

"You understand?" She asked interrupting my thoughts?

I nodded my head. We played the game but when we were playing I couldn't stop thinking about her. I don't know why! She was so sweet and amazing and so easy to talk to. I felt like I could tell her everything.

When we had finished the game we laid on the floor and looked at her glow-in-the-dark stars. "So how is school for you?" Sabrina asked. "I don't go to school..." I trailed off. "Oh, okay." Sabrina said. She didn't ask why? "How's school for you?" I asked. "It's pretty great. I mean I have a few friends." She smiled.

We sat there in silence not saying anything. I wanted to tell her so much. "Did you have a bruise?" She asked me. I turned to her.

"Well... I–I mean, I—" "It's okay if you don't want to tell me." Sabrina said looking me in my eyes. "No I do." I said. So I told her about how I used to live in the orphanage and how I escaped and how I live now.

"Oh my gosh, Delilah. I'm so sorry. If there's anything I could do or if you need someone to talk to. I'm here." She said. I could see tears in her eyes. I normally hate it when people pity me but with her it was different. "I guess it's my turn to tell you about my story." Sabrina shrugged with a small smile.

She then proceeded to talk about how her house in Tennessee burned down and when she moved here she was so scared about making friends and now she has friends.

Then she told me about how her mom is in the hospital and how something is seriously wrong with her. Sabrina began to cry and I didn't like it.

I never want to see her cry.

"Sabrina, it's okay. Everything will be fine. I promise." I said. I pulled her into a hug and she hugged me back. I was a bit taller than her so I felt like I needed to protect her.

But when she hugged me she wrapped her arms around my waist and it sent chills up my spine and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I didn't want her to let go. It just felt right.

She let go and I felt cold. As if I was missing something.

A few hours went by and we talked and talked. It felt as if we were getting closer. But soon I had to leave.

"Delilah! We have to go!" Adrianna said coming in Sabrina's room. She sounded scared. "Um. Okay. Bye Sabrina." I hugged Sabrina goodbye and when I got in the car I felt super sad that I had to leave.

I was gonna miss her.

But then we were driving and pulled up to a big gray building. I feel like I've seen this building before but I don't know what it is. On the building it had words that said:

Aldcrest P-O-L-I-C-E  S-T-A-T-I-O-N

Wonder what that is? But when we got inside a lady at the front desk said Mars was: "At the Jail, down the street."

Jail? What would Mars be doing there?!?