Chapter 31

*Mars' POV*

It was 2:30 am. I couldn't sleep for some reason. I looked at the backpack of money in my lap. I think this is the reason. Delilah and Adrianna were still sleep. My mind kept going back to Adrianna and mines conversation.

Adrianna was super mad. I shouldn't have done that. I felt anger build up inside of me. Without thinking I punched the dashboard.

"Mars? You okay?" Adrianna's awake. "Yeah. I'm fine." I said looking at the backpack. "I need to clear my head." I sighed. "What do you mean?" Adrianna asked. "I'll be back okay." I replied. I think she got the message. "Be safe. And please don't go and do anything stupid alright." She sighed. I nodded my head.

I was about to get out when she stopped me by grabbing my arm. "Mars..." she trailed. "Yes." I looked at her hand to see what she was doing. She continued "Listen to me this time." I looked at her making eye contact. "I don't want to loose you. You're the only family Delilah has left and she'll be miserable without you." I nodded my head to let her know I understood.

"And I'll miss you too. We've gone through so much together when I got through the orphanage. I refuse to loose you. Your like my brother and I love you to death." Adrianna said looking me in my eyes.

"I love you too. You're like my sister, Anna. If I lost you or Delilah I'd be completely lost. I'll be safe. I promise." I smiled at her and she returned one too.

With that I left the car. I needed to clear my head and I won't do that by driving.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was around 3:00. I haven't been out for long but it sure felt like it. I missed my friends too. I missed Andrew, Grant and Ryan. I missed them. I knew if I went to Ryan or Grant's house they're parents wouldn't let me stay but Andrew's always did.

I walked up to small house and knocked on the door. I waited a few minutes when the door finally opened. "Mars? What are you doing here so late?" Andrew's mom, Mrs. Grant, opened the door.

"Hi, is Andrew here or is he somewhere else?" I asked. It's Saturday and knowing Andrew he probably met a guy at the party but didn't tell his parents.

Andrew came out to us last year, when we were freshmen in high school. We were surprised but support-full. He had told his mom but he was afraid to tell his dad.

"Yeah. He's in his room. He might be sleeping though. You can go see him if you want and you can stay if you need to Mars." Mrs. Grant said eyeing my clothes. "Thank you." I nodded as she let me in the house.

I went upstairs to find Andrew's room. The door was opened and the light was on. He was up but on his computer in bed. I stood at the door. I waited a few seconds then knocked. His head shot up. "Mars?! Why are here so late?" He said closing his computer. "Couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

"Is everything okay? I mean you skipped school." He said. I walked in his room and sat down on his bed beside him. "I've been going through some stuff." I frowned. Andrew tilted his head. "Is the orphanage okay? Did they hurt you? Please, you can tell me anything." Andrew said looking me in the eyes.

His eyes were a cloudy gray color with specs of yellow in them. Something I find interesting. But they were filled with desperation and concern and sadness. I took a deep breath.

Then I broke down. I started crying. I couldn't help it. I felt so sad and upset at myself.

"Mars?" Andrew said pulling me into a hug. "What's wrong?" He said. I could hear worry in his voice. I told him everything from since we ran away from the orphanage. I even told him about The Pack. "Mars... why didn't you talk to someone?" He asked. I shrugged not knowing.

Andrew wiped the tears from my eyes and he held me. Eventually he laid down in his bed and I laid down too next to him in his arms. I didn't think much of it but then I heard a loud voice.

"WHAT IS THIS?!?!"

His dad.

Andrew sat up immediately and I followed after. "Dad, listen. It's not like that!" Andrew said standing up. I sat there. I was scared. "WELL THEN WHAT WAS IT? Cuz it sure looked like you were sleeping with a guy!" His dad yelled.

"Dad, just listen to me! He was upset. I was comforting him!" Andrew said defending himself. "I mean it's not like I kissed him or anything. Even if I did, which I didn't, why cant you except me for who I am!" Andrew shouted. Even though he didn't say it directly, his eyes said everything.

He stared at his dad scarcely. Then out of nowhere, his dad slapped him. Hard too and Andrew fell to the floor. I could see the tears begin to form in Andrew's eyes. Mrs. Grant came running in to see what happened.

"DAMIEN! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!" She shouted. "I am not raising a gay son in this household." He gritted through his teeth. He walked over to me and grabbed me by the arm.

"And I am definitely not having any of his gay friends in this house." He dragged me out of the room and out the house. He slammed the door in my face to leave me outside in the cold.