Chapter 37

*Bryan's POV*

          During the weekend of the party I had tried to call and text Hazel so many times but she wouldn't answer. I didn't sleep because I felt sick to my stomach about what happened.

I can't believe I did that.

          Last week, I talked to Hazel and everything is cleared up now. She met some new friends and I've decided to be open about it. They seem really nice.

          Ryan seems to have a thing for Melanie and Kyle seems to fit in just fine with the rest of us. I'm glad things are good between Hazel and I again. I just sorta wish we were together still.

          I know she'd never take me back and that's why I won't ask again but I still wish there was a chance.

          "...Bryan!" Grant said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I said confused. "Hazel, Mel and Kyle are here." He said pointing to them.

          "Oh. Hey how's your guys day gone?" I asked. They sat down at the lunch table along with us.

          "Mines good. I mean I did forget my PE clothes but besides that. Everything's fine." Kyle shrugged. "How was class Mel?" Ryan asked looking across to her. "It was good." Melanie smiled. I could see the anger in Kyle's eyes.

          Sometimes I feel bad for Ryan because Melanie doesn't like him like that. I know, Grant knows, everyone knows. I think even Ryan does too deep down he just refuses to accept it.

          Every relationship Ryan has ever had ended badly and I'm a bit scared for him. I don't want to see him get hurt again.

          "Has anyone heard from Mars?" Andrew changed the subject. We all shook our heads. "He hasn't said anything. I don't even think he's been to school." Grant said.

          "I've heard rumors he's been here." Kyle shrugged. "Who knows. I'll try to text him when I get home." I suggested. "Tell us how it goes." Hazel nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------

          I was sitting in my room doing my homework when my dad came in. "Hey, som. I'm home." "Hi dad." I waved. "How was school?" He asked standing in my door frame wearing a suit.

          "It was okay." I shrugged looking out the window. "Was he not there again?" He asked. I nodded.

          "Well maybe you should give up. Clearly he doesn't want to come back so you shouldn't push him too." He said. That settled an angry feeling in my stomach.

          "You don't know that." I snapped. "Don't raise your voice your sister is sleeping!" He said back. "Please! You say that everyday. It's like you don't even care that my best friend is gone!" I shouted.

          "Watch your mouth when your talking to me. I'm your father. If anything Mars is probably dead!" He said.

That hurt.

          "GET OUT OF MY ROOM! How could you say that! He's my friend and I can say whatever I want. You're not my biological dad, James!" I screamed.

          He stood there frozen. He looked at me as if I told him that rabbits floated. "Fine then." He stiffened. With that he left closing my door.

          I laid on my bed with my back to the door. I opened Mars and mine's chat.

Me: Mars

Please don't be dead.

Mars: Hi

He answered.

The Boys And Herजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें