Chapter 12

*Hazel's POV*

Today was the day of the party. I have to go early. Hopefully Bryan is still nice. I walked to the Grant and Ryan's lockers to meet the boys.

"Hey Hazel!" Ryan smiled suspiciously. "Fine." I sighed knowing what he wanted. I dug in my backpack to find my homework for math and handed it to him. He sat on the floor and copied my homework. "We're here!" Bryan smiled walking up to us with Mars. "Hey guys." Andrew wave.

"My shoulders hurt!" I whined. "From your backpack?" Grant asked. "Yeah." "Use your locker." Ryan suggested. "I don't know where it is." I frown. "It's by  Mars." Andrew pointed to Mars. "Really?!?" Mars said happily. "Yeah..." Andrew trailed off. "Can you show me it at lunch?" I asked Mars. "Yeah. Sure." Mars smiled widely.

The bell rang. "Ugh! Class!!!" Ryan groaned. "Calm down Ryan." Grant sighed. "Who's coming to the party tonight?" Bryan asked. "Mars and I are going." Andrew said. "I'm going." Grant said. "But I'll probably come a little late. I got track practice."

"Then everyone's coming!" Bryan smiled. "What about Hazel?" Ryan asked. "Bryan asked me to DJ the party. So I'll be there." I explained. "Nice! Do you have some ideas on music?" Grant asked. "Yep. But it's a surprise." I smirked. "Haha! Okay then." Andrew laughed as the warning bell rang.

-------------------------------------------------------

I walked home first to get my computer and set up. Last night I told my dad about the party so he was okay with it. I looked in the mirror. I should probably change into something nicer.

I went to my closet and picked out a pair of washed out jeans, a back undershirt, a black flannel to go over and my back converse with a dog tag and black beanie.

I checked my self again and went to brush my teeth. After I was done I walked out the bathroom to meet Terrence in the kitchen. "Where are you going?" He looked me up and down. "I'm going to be a DJ for a party tonight at 5:00 so I need to get there early." I said holding up my backpack which I cleaned out to hold my supplies.

"Okay...but be home soon and don't get drunk or do anything stupid." He said suspiciously. "I won't. I promise." I said to him as I walked out the door grabbing my skateboard.

Bryan texted me his address and I came upon his house. It wasn't that far from mine. It was a fairly large house with a big yard. I walked onto the porch and knocked on the door. A few minutes later it sung open. "Hey!" Andrew greeted me opening the door. "Let's go." I followed him inside to what I guessed was the living room.

"Hi." Mars waved to me from the couch. "Hey." I said back. "Where do I set up?" I asked. "Over there." Bryan pointed to a table as he came in the room. I walked over to the table and chair he set up for me. I got out my computer and went to the file I had for the party. "Let's hear what you got." Andrew said sitting on the couch.

I shuffled the file and a beat I made came on. "I like it." Bryan said. "Yeah. When did you make it?" Mars asked. "Around three weeks ago." I said. "Cool." Andrew said as the door bell rang. It was 5:00 and people are already here. Bryan opened the door to let them in.

The party officially started.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was at least 30 minutes into the party when Bryan came up to me. "How you like the music so far?" I asked him as he took a seat next to me. "It's amazing. Thanks for being the DJ." He said. His breathe smelling of alcohol. "No problem." I smiled.

"We're gonna play truth or dare in a bit wanna come?" Bryan asked. "Sure!" I said. Truth or Dare was one of my favorite games. I let the music play on shuffle and followed Bryan to the couches as he called everyone for Truth or Dare.

The majority of the school was circled around the couches. "Okay everyone, we're gonna play truth or dare. If you want to play make a circle and if you don't, stand outside the circle." Bryan announced as everyone did what he asked. I looked over at Ryan who looked extremely drunk.

He smiled sheepishly at me. I laughed at him. "I wanna say a dare!" Andrew raised his hand as he sat next to Ryan. "Go for it!" Someone from the crowd shouted. "I dare Olivia to...." Andrew thought then he looked at Mars who sat behind me and grinned widely. Mars shook his head as if he knew what Andrew was going to say.

"I want Olivia to kiss Mars!" He laughed. Olivia let out a squeal as she pushed through the people to get to Mars. Without hesitation she kissed him and went back to her seat.

The game went on. The usual dares: kisses, secrets and stuff like that. I zoned out until I heard my name. "Hazel!" Ryan said a bit tipsy. "I want you to kiss Bryan!" He laughed at himself childishly. I looked over at Bryan who was looking at me intently. "We'll go on!" Grant shoved Bryan towards me. Bryan smiled at me and I could feel my face turning red.

"Don't worry. I don't bite." Bryan laughed smelling like alcohol. Then before I knew it he was leaning towards me!

Oh no! Oh no! What do I do?! Do I kiss him back!!!

Before I could decide his lips connected with mine. I felt this tiny explosion inside me as if I was anxious for this to happen. He put his hand on my neck to deepen the kiss. He smiled into it. I could feel myself do the same.

Did I like this? Ugh! Hopefully not!

"Alright! Alright! Get a room! Make way for Jesus!" I heard Ryan say pulling us apart.

Bryan smiled at me then laid back in the couch. I could feel my lips tingling. It felt like I wanted to kiss him again. But I can't? Right? And why did he smile into the kiss? Did that mean he enjoyed it? It's gonna be super awkward if he remembers this on Monday.

But I still felt anxious for his kiss. But I don't like Bryan. I don't think. I'm just loopy. Like being second hand drunk? Is that a thing? I'm not sure but I can't like to kiss Bryan. I don't like him. I just....Ugh! I think I like him!!!