Chapter 9

*Hazel's POV*

Mars tried to kiss me yesterday.

But why?

Does he like me?

But he barely knows me.

         I walked through the hallway getting to our meet up spot.

         Mars can't like me...right? I just got here. Is that why he talked to me in the first place. Is it because he thought I was cute? But I'm not. And why'd I lean in too? I don't have feeling for Mars. Do I? I mean I don't I ju-

         "Hazel!" I look to my left to see the boys at the lockers. Andrew was calling me over while Grant and Ryan were in their lockers and Bryan was rolling his eyes in anger.

         I walk over to them noticing Bryan didn't want me here. "Ugh" Bryan groaned. "Too bad." I say to Bryan. "How was your morning?" Andrew asked giving Bryan a stare. "It was good." I say. "How was yesterday?" Grant turned around. "That was also good." I furrow my eyebrows. "Great." Grant smirked.

          Did he know that Mars and I almost kissed? Did Mars tell him?

I shook it off and gave a confused look.

         Mars then walked up to us. "Hey guys. Hey Hazel." Mars looked at me uncomfortably shifting his weight from his right foot to his left. "Hey Mars." I awkwardly say. Grant then put his face in his locker from muffling his laugh. Bryan pointed to Grant in confusion, "Is he okay?" "I don't know." Mars shrugged.

         "Anyway, did you do the homework for math, Hazel?" Ryan asked. "Yeah. Did you?" I ask. "No. Can I copy yours?" Ryan begged. "Fine." I roll my eyes and dig in my backpack to find my math homework. Once I gave it to Ryan he got out his and a pencil and sat on the floor to start copying my homework.

         Then all of a sudden I feel a grip on my shoulder. The hand pulled me back away from the boys and I yelp in surprise. "Hi boys."

         Then when my vision came back I could see a girl or Barbie doll...I guess. Andrew and Bryan groaned as Ryan looked up from the ground. Mars looked at me giving me a:  "Are you okay" look. I nod my head. "So, Bryan. Is it true that the DJ canceled?" The girl said stepping towards Bryan.

         "No. That's just a rumor." Bryan lied. "Oh, well that's good because it would suck if they did. That would just mean I wouldn't get to spend that night with you." The girl twirled her hair around her index finger.

         That made me mad for some reason. "Listen." I say turning the girl to face me. It was the same girl from last time. "Honestly, I've told you before. They don't want to talk to you. So leave them alone before I hurt the pretty face of yours." I promise the girl. "And who are you? One of their little side chicks?" The girl spat at me.

         I only got more mad and without control my hand raised and I slapped her across the face.

         A gasp came from the boys and the surrounding people. Soon everyone was looking and whispering. The girl clenched and unclenched her fist. I looked at her. Anger in her eyes.

         Then she finally let go of her hands. "Whatever." She gave me a big smile then flipped her hair and walked away. "That was weird." Grant scratched his head. "Yeah." Mars agreed.