Chapter 30

*Mars' POV*

I felt movement as I woke up slowly. I was in the car. "What time is it?" I said still unknown of my surroundings. "It's 8:00. We're gonna get breakfast." I heard Adrianna's voice.

I looked behind me to the back of the car to see Delilah still asleep with Brown Sugar under her arms. Ugh! My face hurts. I barely remember what happened last night. "We can get you some ice too." Adrianna said stopping at a red light. Then all the memories came back to me.

Bryan punched me because I kissed Hazel. I'm so stupid. Why did I kiss her. She wasn't...mine. I just felt terrible for her and she wouldn't stop crying and she kept going on about how sorry she was and I didn't know how to stop her.

When I kissed her I knew I messed up. It's just I felt happy. Happier than I felt in a while and I didn't know what to do so I didn't pull away until Bryan grabbed me and threw me to the ground.

After Hazel left, Bryan said stuff to me that made me feel terrible. He said stuff like how he wished we never met and he cursed at me. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I looked out my window so Adrianna couldn't see. "Is everything okay?" Adrianna asked slowly. I guess there's no room for hiding what I felt.

I shook my head. "What's wrong?" She asked. I could feel her glance at me. "At the party..." I said slowly. "What about the party?" Adrianna asked. "I did something I shouldn't have." I said. "And that was?" Adrianna puzzled.

"I kissed Hazel and Bryan got mad and—" "You kissed Hazel?" I heard the quietest voice cut me off. Delilah was awake. I didn't want her to hear the story and worry about me.

"I'm fine. I'll tell you later." I said. "Okay." Adrianna said pulling into the McDonald's parking lot. "What do you guys want?"

"I want chicken nuggets!" Delilah said. "I'll have a hash brown." I sighed. I wasn't really that hungry. "Alright." Adrianna said sorting through the change she had. Soon she got out the car to go inside.

"Mars, are you okay?" Delilah asked me. "Yeah." I said looking out the window. "Then why is your face bruised?" I could hear the worry in Delilah's voice. I tried to hide it.

"Mars, what happened at the party?" She pleaded. "Nothing happened Delilah. Okay? I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine!" I snapped. I could hear Delilah gasp and she quickly shut up.

That made me feel worse. "Delilah, I'm sorry. I'm just not in a good mood right now." I apologized. "It's okay. I understand." Delilah frowned.

A few minutes later Adrianna came back with our food. For the rest of the day we drove around just talking about life and what we wanted to be when we're older.

Soon Adrianna had to go to school so she dropped me off at a Wendy's and left. I didn't feel like walking around town so I went to the place where I always knew I was welcomed.

The Pack

To the eyes of Cedar's citizens, The Pack was a gang that got in trouble a lot. But to insiders, The Pack was a place to call family. No matter what, they always stuck together. Everyone in The Pack was kicked to the curb so the only way to survive was to do whatever you could. And sometimes those things weren't good.

I walked up to the ally. Standing at the end I could see the door that held the biggest criminals in Cedar Oak. I knocked ten times. Which was a code saying that an insider was here. A few seconds later the door sung open. "Mars? Welcome back." Junior said in his low voice. He was dressed in a black trench coat with a mask hanging below his mouth.

They were going to go rob a bank.

"Hey. I need to get some things off my mind." I shrugged. Remembering last night. "Uh, yeah. Sure. Kenny, isn't doing well. We need someone to drive." Junior said. Hesitant, he let me in. "Mars! You're here." Buddy smiled as I walked in.