Chapter 4

*Hazel's POV*

       "So what class you got?" Ryan asked Andrew. "Math." He sighed. "Lucky you!" Mars smiled. The bell rang. Lunch was over.

       "Don't you and Hazel have language arts now?" Andrew asked. "Yeah." Mars stood up. "We should probably get going." "Yeah. Let's go." I said standing up too. "Alright I'll see you guys later." Grant waved goodbye.

       Mars and I walked to class together. "Are you liking the school so far?" Mars asked. "I mean it's not the end of the day yet but how are you liking it?" "It's pretty good. I'm glad I'm  friends with you guys." I looked up at Mars. He smiled and I couldn't help the one on my lips.

       We entered a classroom of chaos. "Wow." I said as I looked around. Kids we talking at a very high voice and some were writing on the whiteboard. "Same." Mars agreed. "Let's just go sit over there." Mars pointed toward the back of the class and we sat down as the teacher walked in. Everyone got in their seats and the classroom fell quiet.

        "Afternoon class. Today we will be starting a project. Since I am so nice I will allow you to choose your partners but please don't make me regret it." The teacher said looking around the class as people started to walk around and talk again.

       Mars turned to me. "Wanna be partners?" He gave me a toothy grin. "Sure." I smiled back. Then a girl wearing overalls walked up to Mars. "Hey Mars." She beamed. "Hi Olivia." He waved to her. "Do you have a partner already? I was wondering if we could be partners." She said playing with one of her braids.

       "Um sorry Olivia but I already have a partner. Hazel." Mars pointed to me. I gave her an apologetic look. She put on a smile that was clearly fake. "That's okay. Maybe next time." Olivia skipped away.

     "I would've been fine if you switched partners." I looked at Mars. "No it's fine. She's not really a good partner anyway." He said. "What do you mean? She seems really nice?" I asked. Mars shook his head. "No she only wants to be my partner so she can kiss me and stuff. And then tell the whole school about it." "Oh. How do you know." I trailed off. "She's done it before to me and Andrew. Not worth my time." He said shaking his head.

     "Class can you please sit down now. I need to talk to you about what the project will be about." The teacher said. Everyone began to file in their seats.

       "Alright now I'm assuming that you all know how to write. You will need to interview your partner then write a paragraph with that information. It's needs to include topics about their life and past experiences. There is a paper you can come get that will have the rubric, materials and instructions on. You can get two or one page. I have enough copies for both. This project will be due in two weeks and there will not be enough class time, considering this is your shortest class, to do the assignment in. So I suggest working on it outside of class. You can now come get your pages and start working. You can write it on paper or type it up. As long as you do the assignment."

       Mars and I get up at the same time. "I got it." He smiled at me. His brown eyes looking back at mine. He got a paper for us and we went over it.

       "So since we won't have enough class time for this I was think that we could meet up somewhere and work on it. It's sort of like a get-to-know-me-project." Mars suggested. "Okay that'd be good." I agreed. "How about we meet somewhere tomorrow and FaceTime after school today. Does that sound good?" Mars looked me in the eyes. "That sounds great!" I smile back.