SHIRO X READER #1

Start from the beginning

You turned off the TV that was in the corner of the staff room that was surrounded by several professors and guards.

"That's enough of that." You said.

A younger teacher who just started at the Garrison leaned over to one of your coworkers and tried to whisper, "Weren't those three students under her supervision?" But you could hear her loud and clear.

You blood boiled and you spun around to face the blonde with wire-rim glasses.

"Yes, they were my students and I also close with the drop out, do you have a point to make?"

"No! I just think-"

"Think that I have something to do with it? The fact that you have the nerve to think I could harm my students is ridiculous!"

You reached out and were about to grip the new professor by her collar, but a deep voice stopped you dead in your tracks.

"Professor (L/N)."

You spun around, blood running cold as you saw the unimpressed look on your superiors face.

"Yes, Commander Iverson, sir."

"Come with me."

You bowed your head and did as told with no retaliation.

He lead you through the maze of halls, his hands clasped behind his back as he walked. When you reached his office he gestured for you to go inside.

"Please, take a seat."

"Sir, all due respect but I'd like to get to the point. I have classes in an hour that I have to prepare for."

Iverson sat down and leaned back in his chair, looking you up and down. "There's no need."

"Sir?"

"Professor, you are very talented in your field and have trained many exceptional pilots, the Garrison owes a lot to you," he sighed. "That's why we're laying you off."

You weren't sure you heard that correctly. He was thanking you and praising you, but at the same time he was firing you?

"Laying me off?"

"You'll be paid a percentage of your salary each month, but you've been through a lot, and the board thinks it's best for you to take some time off."

Your common sense flew out the window and you started to raise your voice.

"The board? The board can stuff it! They have no idea what I'm feeling right now and have no right to choose whether I'm fit to work or not!"

Iverson scratched the space between his brows with his thumb. "(Y/N), this is coming from a co-worker and old friend, not a superior. You lost your fiancé over a year ago and instead of grieving, you distracted yourself by focusing on your students. Then, your students went missing and now you're trying to avoid grieving by burying yourself in work. Go home, lay in bed and think about what's happened. Grieve, okay?

You started to play with the ring on your finger out of nervous habit. "I'll collect my things and be gone before classes start."