[Chapter 6]

As the plane landed,Solana let out a long sigh before grabbing her belongings and stepping off the plane.
Carefully stepping off the plane she popped her ears and made her way into the airport.

She then pulled her phone out and texted her Cousin Jasmine. Her Cousin Jasmine had lived in Atlanta ever since she was four years old.

Solána's Aunt Janaé had left Houston years ago to make a better life for her daughter Jasmine.
Both Janae and Solana and Misty's parents died in a Robbery that occurred at a Party one night.

Since the incident Jasmine resided in Atlanta living with their grandmother.

Solana took her phone out and pressed Jasmine"s contact, putting the phone to her ear , the phone rung three times before Jasmine answered.

"Im down by exit 13 Lana." she said .
"Okay i see you now." Solana spoke hanging up running up to her. She hadn't seen her Jasmine or her grandmother in four years and she was excited to stay with them for a couple of months.

They both ran up to each other out of excitement.
They cut their little reunion short as their grandma Janice called Jasmine's phone.

"Jas why do this boy named September keep calling asking for Solana?" grandma Janice questioned.
Solana knew that she ment August but that made her  mentally cursed herself.

How could he possibly know her grandmothers number . she thought to herself.

"Granny we will take about it when we get their we gotta go now."
And with that statement she hung up knowing that later she would suffer the consequences for hanging up on her grandmother.

The two cousins pulled off from the airport heading to their grandmother's house.

The whole ride they caught up and Solana told Jasmine the whole August and Misty Situation.
Even though Jasmine attended the funeral she knew that her cousin had committed Suicide, but she didn't know the reason why.

As they pulled into the driveway Jasmine killed the Engine, and sighed looking at Solana." Damn..lana i can't believe that happened to you..im sorry for your lost hunny." Jasmine said rubbing Solána's hand slightly.

"Im just tired, and stressed...That's why i came here to get a new start..something fresh you know?" solana said as she looked at her grandmother as she stood on the porch.

"You look stressed out and tired ..." Jasmine said before jumping due to Their grandma knocking on the window.
"GET Y'ALL ASSES OUT THIS DAMN CAR!!" she yelled as she held a switch in her hand.

"We gotta run lana and fast cause grandma be running after us." she said looking around planning an escape plan.
The two dashed from the car running into their grandma's backyard.

As soon as they jumped fence their grandma was right their with 2 switches.
She started to swing at them , hitting Jasmine in her back.

Lucky when Grandma Janice swung again she missed Solana which caused all of them to laugh.
As the other two laugh Jasmine sat in the grass pouting and rubbing the welt that had started to form on her back .

"Girl get yo ass up i didn't even hit you that hard." she yelled to Jasmine while pulling Solana into a hug.
"Hey baby, come inside so we can talk.
She said opening the backdoor letting them inside.

As the day progressed more Jasmine left to go to work , which left time for Solana and her grandmother time to talk.
"So why did you want to come to Atlanta suddenly?" she asked becoming concern because Solána's eyelid had began to fill up.

"So Misty in a relationship with this man named August , which you had called September on the phone that's the phone that has been calling."
"Anyway so we started to mess around, which he only came to see me on Saturday,sunday, and Monday. " i was basically the side chick." she said shaking her head.
" So when me and him were together one time i told him that i was pregnant, and he didn't believe me at first.
At that point i had began to feel naive...i felt stupid for even sneaking around with him."

"So we had got in the shower later on that day and he had forgot to lock the door, so his ex had tracked his phone and came to my house."
" she wanted to just get him back but i wouldn't let him."So me and her started fighting until he pulled us apart and then that's when she shot me in my chest and stomach." a tear slipped down her face as she quickly wiped it away.

"Granny not only did she try to take my life she took my baby's life ...she killed my baby....and i live everyday with some kind of hatred towards that girl, August ,and myself....mothers are supposed to protect their children, and i didn't."Solana cried harder as she was now crying on her grandma's shoulder.

"Solana god had other plans ..so you have to take it a day at a time and push on ." she said reassuring Solana.

Happy Halloween!!

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow me !!!

Excuse all mistakes!!!

Also make sure you go check out my Best Friends books

Dakyladkd

Thank you for reading !! ❤🙌🙏