t h i r t y s i x

"thank you, mrs. joseph. you're lovely." josh's weak voice sounded through the small kitchen. he was sat with multiple blankets around himself due to his coldness. since he was so skinny, he didn't do anything else but freeze.

"oh, honey.. don't thank me, thank tyler for coming home from ohio so quick when he heard that you went missing." his eyes shot up to me, he looked petrified.

"d-do you live in ohio?" his shaky voice sounded as it was on the verge of breaking. i just nodded.

"oh.." he sadly looked down at the table again. soon my mom put a plate with hot food in front of him. it was a bit of everything, some steak, some fries, some chicken nuggets, some vegetables. a little bit of everything.

"oh, wow. you really didn't have to do that." he said as a wide smile appeared on his lips. a tear fell from his left eye suddenly.

"why are you crying, sweetie?" she asked him, sitting down beside him while saying so.

"i-i..it's just that..someone hasn't really done that to me for a really long time." his low voice was barely audible.

"done what?"

"cared about me." a tear now slipped from my eye. he was so fragile, not at all the joshua i remember.

-

"tyler, can i talk to you?" i heard jeremiah say with an annoyed voice behind me. i nodded slowly. feeling a bit scared now. i had never yelled at him like i did earlier. i felt guilt.

we walked outside, to the shining sun. it was in the middle of the day, in la. it couldn't be better weather.

"can you tell me the truth about that josh-guy?" he asked, clearly annoyed.

"uhm.. h-he.. he w-was m-" i got cut off by a slap from my husband. never had he hit me before but i felt as if i was already used to it.

"come on, say it then you dumb slut!" he screamed in my face, spit flying all over the place.

"i'm sorry.." i whispered, he just walked away. to where i had no idea.

i want you more than i need you,
i need you so bad.