t w e n t y f i v e

♠️

"tyler, you can't always change in the bathroom! it doesn't matter if you're skinny, no one will judge you." melanie spoke as i opened the door to the bathroom by the gym.

"it's not that, mel." i sighed and took another step before she stopped me again.

"what is it then?"

"it-it's...it's nothing. whatever. let me just change and you go change in the girl's changing room." she seemed sad. i don't know why.

"alright. but you gotta face your fears sometime soon, ty." she walked away, as i walked into the bathroom.

i wish i could tell her. i really do.

i just sat there for a moment, not knowing what to do with my life, even though i know exactly what to do. change. i took off my pink crop top and slung on my red tight t-shirt.

i took of my skirt then my shoes and thigh high socks. i sat there, looking at that stupid little limp that practically fucked my life up. i hated it so much. i wanted to be cool about it like other people but i was just too scared and...ashamed.

suddenly the door shot open. i tried to hide my prosthetic as fast as i could. but it was too late..

"tyler! there you a- holy shit, i'm sorry!" he smiled at first but when he saw what he was never supposed to see, his eyes widened and tears filled mine.

i ran to the door and shut it harshly. seconds later i locked it.

"i'm sorry, tyler. i didn't mean to intrude like that!" he said, worry in his voice. i leant my back against the door and let myself slide down to the ground easily. tears slipped continuously. fuck.

josh knocked. i ignored it. he knocked again, and again. and again. and again.

"just leave, please! i begged as i dried my nose with the sleeve of my arm.

"no, please let me come in."

"why? so you can harass me? i'd rather not." i said cockily, with tears in my throat still.

"what?" he sounded genuinely confused.

i stood up and walked to my clothes again. i put on my baggy pants and stuffed my other things into my backpack in a quick manner. i felt terrified walking out, but i had to. and i did, josh still standing outside the door.

"tyler!" he screamed after me as i ran out of the building and straight home.

spin me 'round again,
and rub my eyes.
this can't be happening.

♠️