t w e n t y s e v e n

🕝

"why would he hide it for us?" melanie asked the red-headed boy in front of her. she as well as him was confused about the fact that tyler never told them about his prosthetic leg.

"i don't know, mel.. maybe he was ashamed?"

"yeah.. but why? i mean he really shouldn't, it's not like we would leave him or something like that." the girl said as she sadly took another sip of the freshly cold water in front of her.

"i guess we'll never know." josh looked down at his food and picked on it a bit more before he pushed the lunch tray away from him.

he had lost his appetite since that whole thing happened with tyler. he felt as if everything was his fault and if he just hadn't walked in that one time, if he just waited a second or two, this situation would never appear.

"we have to know, j! we can't give up now. you should go talk to him. he'll listen to you."

"i don't know.. he probably hates me." josh scratched the back of his head in a nervous manner.

"if there is someone he hates, josh, it's himself! not you! it fucking sucks and i wish he hated you instead of himself but we can't do anything about it now, other than try to talk to him." the boy looked melanie sadly in the eyes, he felt broken. just as tyler. they both thought the other one hated them. but that was not the case, they just loved each other so much they couldn't face them. they were scared. scared to death.

"i don't know...maybe he needs some time."

"oh, grow the fuck up, dickhead! you've given him months, go visit the damn boy!" melanie screamed across the lunch room, faces turned against her but she paid no attention to them. why would she? her best friend was in agony, he needed his friends and she knew that.

"alright, alright! i'll do it after school." the brunette stretched her hand out to shake the boy's. he took it slowly, not being really sure about the whole thing.

"deal?" she asked, eyes as big as saturn staring at josh's small ones.

i'll meet you at the divide,
to break the spell.

🕝

a/n
i'm so confused w this whole melanie thing ugh.