t w e n t y e i g h t

🥀

tick. tick. tick. tick.

i was sitting by my window when suddenly small stones were thrown at the glass. i looked out and in my surprise, there stood..

josh.

i waved with my hand for him to go. he shook his head and mannered with his hands for me to come out. i shook my head harshly and mouthed the word 'never'.

joshua
come out, please. i just gotta talk to you, i promise i'll be quick.

me
5 minutes.

joshua
promise.
read, 11:28 pm

i put on some warm clothes and sneaked down the stairs, so i wouldn't wake my mom up. i opened the door and walked around the house to where josh was.

"tyler!" he yelled, running towards me with his arms spreading out. as he approached me he closed his warm arms around me. i sank into the hug. i've missed this.

"listen, ty. before you do any speculations or whatever let me tell you something." josh said and paused. i pulled away from the hug and looked deep into his beautiful amber eyes. just as i had remembered them.

"i don't give a flying fuck if you don't have two whole legs. that doesn't matter to me, or to anyone else for that matter. and i want you to know that you'll forever be my little baby boy, with a prosthetic leg or not. i love you. i love you so fucking much. i know i'm a fucking cliché but it doesn't matter, i'll be whatever, i just want to show you all the love in the world because i love you. and i always will." josh hadn't even come halfway before i teared up and started sniffling. what did i do to deserve this man?

"j-josh?" i asked through quiet sniffles.

"yes, love?" he asked sweetly as i hugged him tightly again.

"i-i..i'm g-gonna move." he pushed my shoulders away but still held a firm grip to my arms.

"what?" he practically screamed.

"i-i'm sorry. i-i just.. i just.. that day when you saw my...leg, i ran home to my mom and i-i said i wanted to move." his grip softened. his beautiful eyes filled up with sad tears.

"i-i'm sorry. i-i-"

"it's okay, i get it. it's just that when i finally decided to try to fix this.. it was to no point." you could see how his eyes broke, like my did when zach left. i felt bad. i didn't intend to hurt someone's feelings, i felt as if i had relieved people, but i wasn't so sure anymore.

"i-i...i love you." i said, looking down at my feet. his face shot up from his own feet.

"you do?" he asked, surprised tone in his voice.

"of course i do. why wouldn't i, silly?" i said with a sad chuckle as i slowly looked up again.

"well, because i suck." he said, dried chuckle afterwards.

a silence settled for a minute or two. it wasn't awkward at all, it was peaceful. we looked into each other's eyes and just appreciated every little thing in there.

"you wanna cuddle?" i asked finally. he brought up his arm to his face and looked at an invisible watch around his wrist.

"i mean my five minutes are over, but i'd love to." he said, i chuckled. he was the best thing that had ever happened to me. and i was just gonna leave him. i decided to push the thought to the back of my head and just walk to my room with this dork. cuddling the night away.

i'll love you for infinity.

🥀