Lucas

She dragged me by my tie onto the dance floor.

"Maya-"

"Shut up and listen. You hurt me Lucas. You hurt me real bad. You got my hopes up then crushed my heart. But all of this bitterness between us cant keep going on. We have to resolve our issues."

"Maya I never meant for that to happen. I wanted to be with you. I still do. Missy came on to me and I couldnt think straight. It was a mistake and im sorry."

"Okay. Im sorry too. I never let you explain."

"Its not your fault." I pulled her in tight and buried my face in her hair.

"Ok. I hope we can patch things up and be friends again." She smiled. My heart shattered for the millionth time because of this girl.

"I dont want to be friends Maya." She looked me in the eyes confused at what I meant. I cupped her cheeks with my hands just like the campfire in the eigth grade. Except this time i made no mistakes. I pressed my lips to hers. I didnt get to find out if she woulf kiss back as i was detached from her. I felt a fist connect with my jaw and i stumbled back.

"What the Hell are you doing with my girlfriend?!" Josh barked earning stares from around the room.

"Josh please. Dont do this. Not here." Maya pleaded grabbing his arm to try and hold him back.

"Why should I? He just kissed you Maya!" 

"We made up! It was just a peck to say that we were all good. Models do it all the time!" Maya tried.

"I cant believe youre defending him. Hes been chasing you since you were like 14. You expect me believe he wasnt trying to shove his tongue down your throat." I was...A snicker escaped and i immediately regretted it. Josh shoved me to the ground and began punching me.

"JOSH!" Maya shrieked. I had to fight back. I threw Josh off of me and he slid across the floor. He got up and came after me again but i punched him and he was knocked off his feet.

"Stay down Matthews." I groaned as he clenched his jaw.

"You know what Maya? I am done. Its either me or Howdy. You cant have both." Josh spat his glare shifting between Maya and I.

"Josh I-" her gaze drifted to me and he noticed.

"Fuck you Friar." Josh stood up and stormed out leaving Maya a sobbing mess.